• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please don't shout at me?????

caroline4013

Ok, so I was banded 10 days ago and I cooked for my family yesterday and tried their spag bol that I made for them, and i have picked at some fish fingers that my OH left on the kitchen surface today, and yes I know its wrong but I did it!!! Not only did I try it all but, it went down with no problem at all?????
So I just want to know what this band is meant to do for me because I really have no restriction at all and actually feel as thoughI could absolutely anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What have I just spent 5k on??????

Right so you know what you have done wrong now start afresh :) with the band when you heal and the swelling goes down you can eat as if you have had no op, as it works through filling the band. So until you get fills and hit your sweet spot this is when you will realise what restriction is :) a lot of people get disheartened with the band but once you realise that the fills make all the difference you will be sailing :) so don't worry it takes time to get their just keep trying to follow guidelines and eat sensibly x

Caroline - sounds odd. Did you have a fill at time it was put in? I'd check and if yes raise the questio now just to make sure all is okay. It is clear from other stories that restriction definitely exists so us newbies need to make sure we have restriction in place. T xxx

Yes I had a 10 ml band with 2 mls of infill????? I really feel as though I could eat anything.......my son left a bag of quavers in my car today and I ate them all without a backward glance!!!! I'm honestly not trying to sabotage my op but, I have to say I am rather disappointed that my body will let me do this ,i really didn't think I would be able to!!!!

I had no restriction after my op...will power alone had to reign

Without sounding mean, just because you can eat these foods doesnt mean u should, you have already acknowledged you know you shouldnt be eating them hun you should still be following your post op diet sheet. Restriction comes much later with more then a 2 mil fill , you need will power to come into play until you start to get restriction, wishing you all the best - Julie x

Ok, so I was banded 10 days ago and I cooked for my family yesterday and tried their spag bol that I made for them, and i have picked at some fish fingers that my OH left on the kitchen surface today, and yes I know its wrong but I did it!!! Not only did I try it all but, it went down with no problem at all?????
So I just want to know what this band is meant to do for me because I really have no restriction at all and actually feel as thoughI could absolutely anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What have I just spent 5k on??????
hi caroline, i was banded afew days after yourself. on the 307/12. and i do understand how u feel. i feel the same with no restriction. i had 1.5mls places at insertion. im 0n day 8 off liguid diet, ive pretty stuck to it. my only thing ive done, is thicken my diet abit to geta sense that ive eaten it as been hard so far. but im hoping the restrictions will be there soon..thicker soups. stew etc. pea soup, weetabix workin ok for me

You won't feel restriction until after maybe the 2nd fill so it's your choice to kick start losing now and diet or wait until it works, but by then you'll be used to making bad choices so not advisable.

The band is a tool to help you loose weight but not the whole answer, its more of a mind set change that will make you loose the weight. will power and being determined to make this work is the way forward

I know I have an addiction to food and even though I am not banded yet, I am mentally trying to get in the zone.

Its a struggle, I know when food is around you to be tempted in trying it and it can be a bit of buzz knowing you know you should not eat something and you do.

Please dont give up on this and hurt yourself in the long run by having these foods and think of the money you have spent..

You can do this and everyone is here to spur you on my lovely.

You can do this and do it right xx

Hi Caroline, I understand your frustration. I have an empty 14ml band and have absolutely no restriction yet. I have to view it as only a tool to help me and not a miracle.
I have found it hard as since my op I have only lost 6lbs the first week then gained, then off, the on again (as you can see below) and on Saturday when I stood on the scales and it say 18:04 I though why did I spend £5,000 on this when its not helping me. I am putting in the work and coming up dry.
I had a really good moan and whinge and so many other users gave me some great advice and support and told me over and over to be patient.
I feel like I could eat everything I wanted too and even if I get a 4ml fill next week feel I will still only have the restriction capacity to an empty 10ml.
We have to be patient with ourselves (and I include myself in this) and remember finding that sweet spot can take up to 4 or 5 fills. Restriction will come and in the meantime as hard as it is to accept, me included the band is not doing anything right now at this early stage.
Mazza posted a great thread about this very subject I wish I could link it for you but we are not allowed but I am sure if you search Mazza's posts you can find it.
I too on Saturday said ''I feel like I have flushed 5 grand down the toilet'' but I have to let that negativity go and be patient. I think my tool has been installed it has just not been activated yet :)
I hope you find some advice that helps you get over this hump.
I am over mine now and am moving on and upwards.

been there done that..i for one will not judge you for bad food choices seeing as i ate a roast potatoe a week after my band and made a doctors appointment just because i had done this,how embarrassing..hang in there and try to make good food choices in future xx

Oh Caroline if we were all brilliant at constantly sticking to the rules we wouldnt need lap bands!! Be kind to yourself ... We are still learning :) will all come good in the end xxx

I'm just worried about your health, I think surely eating that so soon will make you ill, I'm not overly hungry yet (weird as we were banded on the same day) but even tho I'm sick to the back teeth of soup I'v frightened myself into thinkin if I do not follow that iv been given to follow not only will I waste my money I could damage my health, that alone is enough for me not to self sabotage. Chin up tomorrow is a new day xx

Thanks for all the replies guys!!! You will all be pleased to know that I have been a perfect dieting student today :D! I think the key is to keep myself busy.
It is also so good to have all your help, advice and support and really helps with this gastric band journey so thank you everyone for your messages xxx

Glad to hear that you're doing ok! It is a journey, we will all have those up days and bad days, I think we have all done it on every diet we have done and those habits are hard to break through.

:)

Back