• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please oh please kick my butt big style!

phatmomma

I had a few days away last week and while in our hotel room had a bourbon biscuit, old habits. Kids had really wound me up a little while earlier and i wanted something sweet. One biscuit led to 5 and no sign of palpitations or anything... I'm so worried that i won't dump and that next time i get stressed i will reach for something naughty....

I so don't want to go down this route of being a little picker again, please oh please kick my butt big time and tell me to head for the fruit bowl next time!!!

You are doing so well - don't screw up - butt kicked:D

Seriously - you are doing really well - you know that you do not want to go down that road. And out of self interest I need you for team TB:D

Sending you :hug99:this is a tiny set back and you will move on.

tranquil

:massmoon:eek:k bend over while i put on me butt kicking boots:asskick:

it just takes time to ajust we have the ops but it takes our minds a little longer to change how we think about food, its just learning how to find another form of comfort instead of food when stressed, we have been big for a long time and the mind just doesnt change in thought in a short space of time, this comes with experience as time goes by, you will be ok hun and you will become more aware of food choices the more experienced you become, sorry im waffling, that probably makes no sense at all :hug99:

:asskick: Done !

Seriously though, don't beat yourself up, put it down to experience and move on. You're doing great girl, and you know you can do it !! x

hahahahaha i love those lil icons x

consider your butt kicked....

Julie just try and forget it now, you've done it move on and try and learn from it. I know what you mean with not dumping, its something i hope happens to me. Did you buy the kids the biscuits or were they already in your room? If you bought them for the kids i would recommend not keeping anything like this in you home even if it is for the children. Then you can't grab it for comfort if your having a shitty day. Easier said than done i know.

I think your doing amazing xxx

I can't kick your butt cos i do exactly the same things. The op fixed my stomach but not my brain and those old eating habits are hard to break.
However, i'm sure that when you reflect on it your "naughty" moments are far more infrequent than they used to be and maybe in the past you would have had more than 5 ?
Another interesting thing to be aware of is that the sugar sensitivity can vary from time to time. I too have worried in the past that i might not ever "dump" properly but have found that recently i am more sensitive to sugar than i have been previously, so all is not lost lol !!

I don't normally buy biscuits at home but i'd brought them for the kids to nibble on if they were hungry in the car on our journey... At home i have various flavour rice cakes and usually have a sachet of sugar free angel delight if i'm feeling the need to eat something sweet....

I know it's my heads way of dealing with things and it is going to take a long time to change that. I know i need another habit, and did briefly think about sex rather than biscuits but then realised the impracticalitys of this for a few reasons :-

1. Why should he get a reward cos i'm having a hissy
2. Why should he get a reward cos i'm having a hissy
3. Why should he get.. yeah you got it...

Seriously though prior to this me n himself had wondered over to the service station 'Costa' while the girls (all old enough to be left for half an hour before you all start shouting at the screen) watched tv in our room. I was hoping 20 minutes and a skinny latte later i'd feel much better. However my chilled skinny latte was like sex without an orgasm, did absolutely nothing to make me feel better grrrr.........

However there is a lesson learned, there are 2 packs of demon biscuits left and i'm letting the kids have one if they really want one. When they're gone they won't be replaced... Nor will the nice 'breakfast biscuits' i brought at Asda last night. Statistically not bad, however so nice that one isn't sufficient and thats when things go wrong!

I am deffo on team Tranquil Butterfly, all the way! And on a brighter note when i came back my stall appears to have broken and i was 3lb lighter :) Go figure.......

hey julie i havnt dumped or found anything that makes me sick it does make temptation harder but keep looking in the mirror no room for biscuites lol

i find too much sugar makes me ill but i can handle more fat that sugar if that makes sense, my bf now only buys biscuits he knows i dont like so that way im not tempted, but its still hard the shop is like 10 doors away from me but im also too lazy to get them myself :) lol

just move on from it and next time remember

biscuits bad fruit good, biscuits bad fruit good - all karate kid for a moment lol

I know i need another habit, and did briefly think about sex rather than biscuits but then realised the impracticalitys of this for a few reasons :-

1. Why should he get a reward cos i'm having a hissy
2. Why should he get a reward cos i'm having a hissy
3. Why should he get.. yeah you got it...

I seriously considered the above and came up with the same conclusion !!! :D

Sally XX

Ah Claudia but when i'm in 'the zone' i'll eat crap i don't even particularly enjoy, just because it's crap! However on reflection if i was at a slimming club it would be about this time in my journey i would be 'self-sabotaging' and am wondering if my subconscious is now doing this or trying to do it again!

Thank god i'm back to work tomorrow - the amount of walking i do will help me brilliantly xx

Julie im sure you will have another day like that again but at least now you can see it as just a day where as we all know in the pre-op stage one day led to back to square one , i have days like that . when we have had weight problems for years its hard to break the habits over night but they dont happen as often and some how speaking for myself my bypass gives me a kick up the butt its self and i get on track so much faster than i did before i had the bypass, so dont give yourself a hard time as you have done a great job so far x

I'm not beating myself up over it, as you said Hannah it is only one day. Not like i am going to do it big style or repeatedly like i would have in the past...

Onwards and downwards xx

Sounds like you've had your butt well and truly kicked....

so I'll just say well done on getting past this little set back

and send you a big hug ...
'n' tell you what a big encouragement you are!
:D

Been there got the T-shirt lol! I have to deal with my husband having to have a high fat high sugar diet to keep the weight on!! So you can imagine the fun we have in our house, it is hell at times. I have discovered 100% fruit lollies, absolutely bliss, they curb most cravings and hydrate me at the same time. Hubbie has discovered that lollies stave off his thirst also, so he has the very naughty lollies that would make me ill and I have the good ones lol. Thankfully the bulk of the naughty supplies he has in the house would make me so ill I don't even look at them, although I could not resist a jam doughnut, will never have another one, I wasn't ill, I really hoped it would, no dumping no dodgy stomach either, thankfully OH could not eat them as they caused him pain, so yipee don't need to buy them Ha, not in the house, no eat, that is my solution now a days!!!

Excellent philosophy Leslie...

I'm adopting the same attitude, i aint buying it so i can't eat it! May well invest in some fruit lollies and maybe a mini milk or six too xx

thats what i do now i dont buy what id like, so say crisps id buy quavers for my boys as there low calouries and choc id buy the kinder stuff so the boys still get a treat, id have to be hard pushed to eat that x

Back