• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

plenty of tips now welcome

Maura

isnt this site a great one! i am learning more and more about the operation i am getting on 27th april.

i have been advised to take cotton pants (thanks for that) and a beaker to drink out of. is there anything else that you could recommend i take with me. (going to belguim):copon:

Good luck Angel, just wanting to wish you all the very best of everything with your surgery. Love and hugs xxx

I think quite a few people have been overseas and found it a good experience.
There is a thread about what to have in your bag for hospital and I will go see if I can link you to it.
I would say some dry mouth spray..I kept having to rinse my mouth out as I had a long wait (longer than it was meant to be) before I went down for my op and I was parched.

I would def take a pillow for the ride home.. a friend suggested it and I was greatful to her. You feel every little bump in the road :) Good luck

awesome tips!!! keep them coming!

Something to help pass the time as the waiting can be boring. I took a book my ds and some puzzles, but could really only concentrate on the book. Some sanitary towels as so many people find their period arrives early. And dry mouth spray xx

sarah i prob will be on my periods....arrgh!!

Strepsils! They put a tube down my throat during surgery and it got a bit sore during the night. I only had 1 strepsil and it shifted the soarness.

Melt in the mouth ibruofen as the disolvable pain killers they give you are vile!

Strepsils! They put a tube down my throat during surgery and it got a bit sore during the night. I only had 1 strepsil and it shifted the soarness.

Melt in the mouth ibruofen as the disolvable pain killers they give you are vile!
i know its a lot handier to have op in uk but i am going abroad and my nerves are pickling at the minute. whats the difference in sizes u talked about in your diary xx

i know its a lot handier to have op in uk but i am going abroad and my nerves are pickling at the minute. whats the difference in sizes u talked about in your diary xx

Maura, not sure what you are referring to here about sizes?

sorry Tam. I am referring to the sizes of the band!

Back