• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Porridge

NorthamptonGirl

Can you handle porridge?

It's made me so ill today :(

Yes I can - either the pure real Oats (nothing added at all - cheap and cheerful, mix with water/milk and cook on hob). Or if sachets then the MOMA NAS one in green box.

I had it at work this morning - just made with milk, and then had half a banana on top.

My stomach obviously didn't like it!

Oh dear - If it was an 'instant' one where you just add hot water it may have had too much sugar maybe? Did you have a look? The only one of those type I can find that is just OK for me is the MOMA NAS one but that is still 14.4%, and the normal is 20.4% (similar to the Oats So Simple instant plain, and others which average about 24% sugar for the plain variety). If you want to use the instant type then the Amisa one is not too high either if you can find it xxxx

It could have been banana and porridge together. As both have sticky consistency and also sugary (if its not just plain old nothing added oats). I can always handle porridge by itself or a banana by itself. If i put them both together i always end up with some discomfort in my stomach area.

I love porridge but it has to be "proper" porridge not the yuckky instant stuff I make mine with water and add a splash of skimmed milk at the end - it has to be cooked on the hob not in a micro, I'm allergic to 'narnas so cant comment but I sometimes finely chop a medjool date into mine. (my fave porridge atm is Tesco finest with nuts and flame raisins)

love porridge but now can only have a few mouthfuls so I seek out the lowest sugar content one and have 1 packet over 2 mornings or take the rest into work and have as my mid morning snack

I agree about the banana - I can have them separately but never as a combo. And then add in that porridge has such a high carb content which the body will convert to sugar etc ...

Porridge is one I don't have any issues with. I use whole rolled oats and almond milk and have a small dribble of maple syrup on top. Not tried it with banana though.

Hmm, thanks everyone.. I hadn't thought about the banana/porridge combo!

Won't be doing that again! :)

Back