• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tasty purree ? any ideas?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
its day 3 of purree for me today, ive tollerated over those 3 days, porridge, weetabix, purree mash, purree veg soup and yoghurts, what else did you boys and girls have after your bypass as this is very different for me this time compared to after my bandings xxx

cheers from Liz x

Hi Liz, I also has mash and cheese with a little milk, pureed meats, milky coffees, fruit smoothies, baby bel cheese well chewedlol. I must admit I really struggled with that stage. Good luck xx

Hi Liz, I also has mash and cheese with a little milk, pureed meats, milky coffees, fruit smoothies, baby bel cheese well chewedlol. I must admit I really struggled with that stage. Good luck xx

Hiya Jan ive been drinking tea with a sweetex in since i woke up from my op, Ryan made me a coffee this morning i was always a huge coffee drinker, omg it tasted soo bitter :eek:, i was drinking it milk no sugar on the pre op diet and was ok with that then this morning....spits n coughs yeeuk, it was even vile with a sweetex in, i think me and coffee has parted friendship for the time being, purreed meats doesnt sound or look very appealing but i guess i must try soon :eek: xxx

Hahaha I am exactly the same with coffee now, I cant drink it at all. I am now a tea addict which I hated before surgery. pureed meat is gross, TBH i had casseroled meats so they were really tender and chewed them well. I was on puree food for 2 weeks, then I had had enough and was eating softer foods like shepherds pie, fish pie etc.xxx

I actually pureed chicken with chicken bovril against my better judgement but I actually enjoyed it! I had it with mash and bisto gravy and it was yummy. I also mashed a slice or 2 of corned beef into my mash a few times and had it with gravy and it tasted totally different.
Im the same with coffee, I still have it but so much weaker, always liked it weak but its less than half a spoon of Nescafe now with plenty of milk. Also 1 sweetener instead of 2.......everything tastes really strong at first. NAS too, I have to water it right down.
Just try the pureed chicken though, it might suprise you, it did me! Good luck, the puree stage isnt the best! XX

HI Liz. I hated the puree stage and lasted 3 weeks.
I stuck to soups, yoghurts, fromage frais, porridge, weetabix, cottage cheese, potato, pureed fruit (nice in yoghurt or fromage frais) and milk shakes. Oh and cauliflower cheese! Hope that helps. xxx

thanks ladies xxx

corned beef,mash,cheese and gravy.

As for coffee, I used to live off the stuff pre op people used to call my coffee cup a vase. For the first month post op I couldn't stand coffee, now I can only drink it made with milk, and can get through 2-6 pints a day depending on whether am home or not. Am making more of an effort to drink squash or water at uni now though

i absolutely loved mashed potatoe with grated cheese in it, and spaghetti, but i just mashed the spaghetti into the mash n cheese, ooooh pure heaven, also just mash n grated cheese

good going Liz I have no ideas cause blended/puree food is vile and I didnt do that stage I stayed on soup and liquid

I used to have instant mash with some grated cheese in it and a bit of pepper when i was on soft stuff. I still do sometimes its quite nice

good going Liz I have no ideas cause blended/puree food is vile and I didnt do that stage I stayed on soup and liquid

Hiya Teen, i had cheesy mash today, didnt blend it but had lots of milk in so was sloppy any way, i was stuffed from a tiny bit...happy days, i love my bypass, what a complete difference to banding :happy036:

Before I went into hospital, I cooked loads of dishes to feed my OH & daughter with, and I basically made puree out of all of them: fish pie, spag bol, cottage pie, chicken tonight & veg, chicken & veggies in gravy, you name it, I liquidised it & froze it in ice-cube trays, along with soups, yogs etc. As long as it was nice & sloppy & I took it slow, I have been fine with everything I've tried xxx

Last edited:
Same as Angie - I just pureed (well generally just mashed really well) all normal food. I even managed a sausage chopped up really well in the mash and gravy!

Not the nicest stage to be honest but just wait till you are on solids and cant eat more than a few teaspoons!! Glad you are loving your bypass liz!

Liz - glad you're doing so well.
I haven't had my op yet but wondered if baby food would be suitable for the puree stage? Don't have kids so never tried it, but just seemed like an easy option!?

Cauliflower cheese, Currys & Fish pies were all my faves.. used to freeze them in a silicone muffin tray, perfect size for puree stage. x

i pureed up everything that I made for the rest of the family. Just made sure their food was good and had goodness in it for me to have.

It will soon pass this stage. Glad your happy with your bypass and losing too

Jo
xx

Back