• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP,THAT'S ME!

LOLAPIG

:)Well, that's me on the other side, op done & dusted at Dolan Park Hospital Bromsgate. No problems at all, everyone lovely from Driver; Receptionist; Health Care Assistants; Nurses; Doctors; my Anaesthetists, (can't remember her name, but she was lovely), and of course my surgeon Mr Paul Super. Everything went according to plan. I had never had an operation before, so was a little nervous, however, no need, all went very well, no ill effects whats so ever from the anaesthetic, no nausea or sickness, right as rain. I was moving about quickly, able to drink water, coffee, and even a cup a soup. I was driven to the airport by the driver the following morning for my flight home, I had wee while to wait on my flight, so off I went round the shops dragging my case behind me, it's on wheels but still weighty. Bought some wine for my hubby and goodies for my girls. Even treated myself to a lipstick! Had coffee, then another wander before boarding. For some reason I kept dropping things, that's when I felt the slight pulling feeling when bending down to retrieve them. Fine on the plane, sat and read for the short journey. Met by hubby & wee daughter. Now you'd think I would go straight home, but not a bit of it, "Take me to Tesco to get some yogurts & soup" says I! by this time I was starting to slow down and get a bit achey. Back home later, stuck a washing on then sat down, couldn't get comfortable, was feeling my incisions and had difficulty getting up off the chair. Off to bed at 7.30pm, in quite a bit of pain, took strong liquid painkillers & my Kindle loaded up with, 'Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook For Dummies'. Read for a wee while before conking out. MORAL of the story, Do Not Do Too Much Too Soon! I was fooled into thinking, that because I was initially fine with no adverse ill effects, that I was able to do things as normal as I felt so well, which of course turned out to be totally false. In essence I made myself quite unwell. Got up today at lunchtime, more painkillers, taking it very easy today, and boy have I learned my lesson...:eek: I'll be taking it very easy for a couple of days and no mistake. Lesson Learnt.:)

Last edited:
Hi Lolapig

How exciting !! I'm in 3 weeks today so really looking forward to seeing your updates xx

Im clinging on your every word here Lola- practically taking notes! Im a week behind ya!
Well done- I feel really excited for you! Did they give you painkillers or do you have to stock up along with the windeze and the peppermint tea? lol

Im sitting here looking at my wardrobe hardly being able to imagine that I will be able to fit into it soon! lol :D Wooooooohooooooo

wishing you well with your banded life and journey :)

Welcome to the losers bench x

Many congrats! Welcome to the start of a new you!

Take it easy and put your feet up hun. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery x

Congratulations - you'll be fine. It is easy to do too much so hopefully you will now rest and recover. I'm 12 days post banding and starting to feel normal again but I'm having another week off work just to make sure I'm 100% fit before I go back.

well done you!
glad it all went well ,do rest up and listen to your body you will be zipping around Tesco`s again pretty soon !

Yep, it's true, NO fizzy! I'm a Whiskey & Diet Coke gal, that's gone too... Rather partial to a Red Wine though, I'm sure I'll manage! ; ) Sunday, was a bit of a wash out, very tired & a bit sore around wounds, all my bending and running around on Saturday Post-Op, that'll teach me. Had a long lie, didn't eat much, milky coffee, cup a soup & yogurt, wasn't hungry at all. Early night again as washed out and wounds still sore, especially on left hand side. Had pain relief in the morning but okay the rest of the day... Monday, slept well last night, woke up early but didn't get up, wounds still very tender this morning, sore when I tried to move around in bed. Hubby brought me a yogurt & coffee, promptly fell asleep again after it, didn't wake up untill nearly 1pm! Must have needed it. Fine once I was up & about, still not hungry though. Managed, a milky coffee, Oxo drink & a Slimfast, plus juice & black coffee. No pain relief needed today, feel well. My wounds are looking fabulous, dry, clean, and healing beautifully. Buzz Words... Rest & Sleep! Onwards & Upwards.

How are you feeling today then Lola? Sore? Windy? Hungry? I have just found out that I cant have fizzy pink wine/champagne again which has devastated me lol ...really? Is that true anybody? ....EVER??
If I need fizzy I just add ice then stir most of the bubbles out :)

I just stocked up on cup-a-soup, and found some really groovy looking flavours in the Ainsley Harriet range in Tesco. They were half price too- as were Cup-a-soups.
They just seemed more interesting flavours.
I bought lots of yoghurts and some Innocent Smoothies cartons- BOGOF at Tesco too... so Im happy!

Me too

I am having mine done June 3rd at Dolan Park. You look a similar weight and height to me so I will be keep to keep in touch and see how you do!

congratulations and glad all went well!

Claire

How are you feeling today then Lola? Sore? Windy? Hungry?

I have just found out that I cant have fizzy pink wine/champagne again which has devastated me lol ...really? Is that true anybody? ....EVER??

Well I drink the very occasional glass of champagne and mr super said it was fine. Just follow your providers guidance :)

LOL I'm not a lush either. Probably a drink a month, so if I have something, I want to be able to enjoy it :party0036:

Tuesday/ Day 5: Still a bit sore left hand side, especially if I stretch where port is, I can feel it through my skin, very weird! Still not eating much, not hungry, I know I should make more effort, but getting through a couple of Slimfasts a few coffees/juices ect, all my meds, which are now in liquid form, or to be drank with quite a bit of water. I've notice a bit of discomort in my chest after eating, or when I breath in deeply, probably wind. Plus wind! Lol! It's flying from both ends, mostly the bottom burbs I have to say. Toilet: No problems in this department I'm glad to say, I did take some Senokot on Tuesday night, but I drink a lot of fluid, so that helps.

Back