• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm in the hospital.. having my band fitted at 8:30 am.

MissCupcake

Hi Guys!

Well this is it, my partner just left and checked into a nearby hotel.
I'm first in for surgery.

Journey down was ok, nic driver, feeling a little bit teary/emotional but I guess that's only natural.

Am going to un-wind and watch some tv but I will message you once I'm back and awake.

Xxx

awww good luck miss cc :) xxx

Good luck-Its a very exciting time for you. If its any consolation I started bubbling getting onto the theatre bed!! Feel a right fool now but it is very emotional event- such a huge life changing event- but imagine next xmas!!!

Sleep well & know that tomorrow you are going to say hello to the exciting next phase of your life :) Very best of luck xx

Cuppy you are sooo dedicated to this site :) I can imagine you on the way back from the theatre asking for your phone to post here.
Very best wishes, you'll be so glad that you did it.
Which hospital are you in?

Morning Everyone,
Well its 5:45 I've been awake for about half an hour, sleep was medium, due to being right nex to the nurses station and feeling quite hot in the night I probably got around four/five hours but I feel ok.
If anything I'd rather go down for surgery feeling a little sleepy.
My partner will be back here by seven thirty ready to head down for surgery around 8:30.

Was a little tearful in the night but it's a very overwhelming moment in my life, only natural I guess.

All the staff at dolan park have benn very friendly and professional am just ready to get in and get out now and ready to enjoy my first tin of soup as I've been on a pre-op diet which is basically an extreme version of the atkins. Chicken breast, white fish, salad, fruit and vegetables. So half a tin of heinz tomato soup would go down a treat right about now! (Unsure if I'll be saying that in two weeks but hey!).

Once again thank you all so so much for your kind messages they really have made me smile.

I will update you guys as soon as I can!

Sophie xx

Good luck...be over before you know it!!! X

thinking of you cupcake xx

Hey all!

Well I went down for surgery at 9:45 in the end, remember laughing around with thesurgery team and then I woke up at 11 and it was all done, I was back in my room by 11:30.

Felt very sleepy and a bit dazed, no realy pain.

I've had some water easily as I had a very dry mouth, pain wise I feel no worse than a strong version of indigestion.

Nurse said I can try some tea in a bit and then some soup later.

So all in all I feel great :)

Hey all!

Well I went down for surgery at 9:45 in the end, remember laughing around with thesurgery team and then I woke up at 11 and it was all done, I was back in my room by 11:30.

Felt very sleepy and a bit dazed, no realy pain.

I've had some water easily as I had a very dry mouth, pain wise I feel no worse than a strong version of indigestion.

Nurse said I can try some tea in a bit and then some soup later.

So all in all I feel great :)

hey thats great news cupcake.... now your weightloss journey begins..how exciting xxx

Hey Cuppy welcome back - so now you are a post opper :) That indigestion you are feeling might be wind, I think it gets in there when they operate, i would expect that you have been out of bed by now - that will shift the wind and ease the discomfort.

Hi,

Yes I've been up and about and had a few pain killers so feeling comfortable.

I'm at Dolan Park which is a private hospital owned by the hospital group, they are the company I booked my surgery with, is more like a hotel to be honest, own room, tv with freeview, ensuite bathroom, nurses are fab!

:)

Back