• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP,THAT'S ME!

Wednesday Day 6: I can report to be feeling tons better today, I think the corner has been turned. I even managed to sleep a good while on my right hand side last night, (my usual sleeping position), so happy, I was sleeping on my back okay, but was longing to get back on to my side. At my GP today as I was due back at work tomorrow, we both felt because of the nature of my job I would need a wee while longer, so signed off for another few days. I've no doubt I'll be fighting fit and rearing to go by then, well on the way now. Even got round to blending some potatoe/carrot, cauliflower/broccoli, & lentil soup, all to freeze in preperation for the next stage of my journey. Had a walk today too, not miles, but a walk, felt better for it.

Sounds like you are recovering well.. good for you! :)
Laughing at the bottom burps- better out than in! All that gas they pumped you with ahd to come out somewhere!

I read today that acidiphilus really helps, so I have ordered some from Ebay, as nowhere had it today. I bought the one with not one, not two but FIVE million bacteria in each capsule. lol I remember my mum used to always give it to us if we were on antibiotics, to balance out the good bacteria in our tummies.
Its the active ingredient in the probiotic yoghurts- equivalent to 8 yoghurt pots.
I thought it was good anyway, for a speedy recovery, with putting good bacteria in your system, but it appears its also very good for bloated stomachs.

Mmmmmm idea indeed. I have a very swollen, bloated tummy, look as if I'm about to go into labour! No joke!

Lol! Not yet Dave that'll be a wee while yet I think. You'll think it's daft, but because I'm only five foot two, and my bike is fairly tall, I was unable to reach the ground properly, as my big stomach sat on the tank and stopped my feet touching the floor properiy! All these things our weight stops us from doing. Made out I wasn't bothered, using my young daughter and dog as an excuse, always had to use the car to take them... Anyway, hopefully I'll not need any excuses soon. I don't think I'll use my bike that much tbh, but at least I'll be able to if I want to. I'll have a wee run around on the pillion with hubby though, blow all the cobwebs away...

What are you riding hun? I found the same thing when I was taking my test - my stomach 'resting' on the tank was annoying.

My new Honda comes tomorrow morning - so excited!!

All the best...x

75O Triumph Tiger (Classic) I <3 it! Beautiful bike.
I've had it since I was about 23, birthday gift from my hubby, I'm now nearly 51!
Good Luck with your new bike, fun times ahead Mr Dave!

Well! Now there's the question... I lost 9lb pre-op on my Slimfast/Milk diet, deviated between the two. I find liquid diets better for me than 'Real' food. Once lost three n' half stone in three months on 'Lighter Life', only to put it back on again once I started eating! : (
I was not going to weigh myself every week, only monthly, however, one week in I tried my W/W scales, but they do my head in, depending on where you place them, or if you weigh yourself more than once... They give you a different reading! I was so fed up, so when I was in Boots later that day, I tried their fancy scales, it came up as 11lbs lighter than my
Pre-Op weight. Thing is, I'm not sure it's right! I know I have defo lost quite a bit of weight, I, and others can see it, I defo feel it, but is it 11lbs. I'll weigh myself at my local Chemist on Tuesday for a second opinion. I'm not having much at all to 'eat', not enough tbh, not really hungry. I'll need to seriously look at my intake for health issues, I've been on Multivits & Calcium suppliments since Pre-OP, as you know, they are now for life. I feel okay though, plenty energy and in very little discomfort now, feel fab actually! : D

It's all so complicated isnt it? I feel like Ive made myself a 'project". Lists here and folders there, diaries and books and calculators and scales everywhere at the moment!
Thing is, it doesnt matter where you start, but where you finish. Nor how long it takes to get there really. I mean, if you look at almost everybody's goal weight, its between 120-150lb, depending on how conservative of hope they want to be :D I know I have said 150lb.. but only coz I cant dare to dream any less right now.. give me a few months and I maybe will change that.

Vitamins aren't necessarily for life :) as a bander you should hopefully be getting in a balanced diet with no malabsorption issues that some other wls creates ... I've not taken vits since around three/four months after my op xxx

Well, I was in another Boots today, so thought I'd try their scales... So, yes, the weight loss is right enough. Likely quite a bit of fluid, probably get a wee bit of it back once everything settles. I know what you mean about Goal Weight though Juicy Lucy, I've set mine at about 9st 2lb, which tbh should be do-able, and not silly, as I'm only 5.2'', and according to my midwife, small framed! Haha! Anyway, we'll see, I'm not fussed, I don't want to be a skinny minnie, just comfortable and more essentially, healthy.

:wow: Oh My Goodness! I've just had Ambrose low fat custard & Stewed/Blended pears for lunch, I have not enjoyed a meal so much in ages! Imagine getting excited about custard & pears, but it was totally delish. A real change from Slimfast, Milky Coffees & Cup a Soup, which has been my staple diet for weeks. Started getting the mushy stuff ready for next week. So far wee dishes of, Potatoe/Carrots; Cauliflower Cheese; Broccoli/Cauliflower & Lentil Soup frozen in the freezer ready to go... Looks like I'll be back to the bottom burps with that lot! Happy Days. :roofles:

Last edited:
Ooh Lola you must be excited to chew, if you'll pardon my term of phrase!
I'm still happily ok on fluids.. And being exceptionally tolerant at real food in the house that I can't have.. Normally when I'm on a diet it all gets binned and everyone suffers!
I'm not keen on pears but I can appreciate your enjoyment :)
Are you limiting calories because your hungry, or is that not a problem? I'm counting mine in a journal and I'm finding hard work to keep low, whilst fulfilling protein. Not impossible but keeps you in your toes!

Not chewing anything yet, very much still fluid diet Pears(3), stewed & blitz in blender. My enjoyment was short lived, as obviously 3 pears was too much, didn't stay long in my system! I am not in the slightest bit hungry. I've never felt hungry since surgery, or indeed on Post-Op diet either. I'm having to remember to eat, or should I say drink enough food, definietly not restricting calories. All prepared for soft food soon.

Back to work today!
Woo-Hoo!
Feeling Good, and ready to go... : )

Back