• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm in the hospital.. having my band fitted at 8:30 am.

Great news glad ur op is dun happy healing x

Really glad to see you posting on here Sophie, happy to hear you feel relatively comfortable at the moment too. The deed is done!! Now the rest of the journey begins (feel a dramatic 'dun-dun-duuuuuuuuun!' would have been appropriate there, lol) - get plenty of rest & I hope the journey back tomorrow is okay for you. Let us know how you get on. Take care xx

Yeah, well done. I was thinking of you yesterday. So many Congrats for been on the lists camp :p its great. Hope u have a speedy recovery and remember move little and often. Merry Christmas xxx

Morning all,

Merry christmas!
Yesterday was a bit tougher than Friday, Friday I slept fine, a few sharp pains caused by wind under chest and left shoulder. Managed to eat half a cuppa soup and drink some tea/squash.

Drive back from the hospital was fine but then going back to sitting on normal low sofa's caught me off guard. Make sure you get a straight backed hard chair to sit on because soft sinkable sofa's will hurt.

Last night's sleep was terrible, back is killing and trapped wind playing up.. Any advice? I've been sipping peppermint tea and I've been walking..

Love to u all xx

Merry Christmas to you too. How did u sleep, flat on your back or upright like in the hospital?

Merry Christmas I had a hot water bottle helped me so much... Also took soluble co codamol and let it stand for a couple of hours wen it got bad.. It will get better x

OH yes I second Sue Bland's post about hot water bottle; I am almost 4 weeks post sleeve now and still sleep with one; it's so soothing and I press it against any windy parts. Warn your partner you might not be very ladylike on occasion when you break wind lol! Mine (who can fart for England by the way!) was a bit shocked at first when he heard me, but now he accepts it as part of my healing process. I usually have the manners to go out of the room when I do it though!

Half sitting upright and then lay down flat for a bit this morning, I've used heat pads on my shoulder but will defo try the hot water bottle.. Am I ok to put this near my wounds?

Also bit worried about how much to eat, the nurse just said eat yoghurt or soup until you feel full, but surely I should be measuring how much?

My wounds feel ok, just a bit sore every now and then its just the wind that's causing the most issues.

Xxx

four or five days and I still get it if I eat certain vegetables, or drink or eating anything too fast. If your hot water bottle has a cloth cover it should be safe to put near you, you'll know if it feels too hot.

How much should I be eating/drinking?

Today I've had a few mouthfuls of yoghurt, quarter tin of tomato soup, tea, nas squash, and then I had a few more mouthfuls of soup?

My nurse didn't really fgive much advice other than eat what you feel until you feel full!

At the moment it is all about healing quantity control comes later so like she said eat what u can when u cam xxx

Ruthiep said:
OH yes I second Sue Bland's post about hot water bottle; I am almost 4 weeks post sleeve now and still sleep with one; it's so soothing and I press it against any windy parts. Warn your partner you might not be very ladylike on occasion when you break wind lol! Mine (who can fart for England by the way!) was a bit shocked at first when he heard me, but now he accepts it as part of my healing process. I usually have the manners to go out of the room when I do it though!

OMG- I had my op nearly 2 months ago and still fart and burp MUCH more than I ever used to.... My boyfriend just has to deal with it now! Lol xx

Me too but my OH is worse so he cannot say anything!!! Lol xxx

Back