• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POST OP,THAT'S ME!

How was it? I bet you were knackered! Did anyone mention you'd lost weight or do they all know? I cant imagine being back at work in a week.. but I will be too. Bleugh.

I'm back on Friday, for 3x 12-hour shifts. I'm trying to contain my excitement.

Mehh what a shame we have to go back to work. I think I could have gone back after 5 days really but I'd booked off 8 so I took them!

Glad the recovery is going swimmingly! :)

Tired, but okay, actually a bit hungry tonight when I came home, first time since Op. I've eaten a wee bit more today, (or should I say drank!), no worries though. I work in schools so not a long day, certainly not 12hrs Dave. One of my wounds, on left still a bit achy, first thing when I get up, but once I'm up and on the go I'm fine. Glad to be back in a bit of a routine tbh... I had 9 days off work, although one of those Pre-Op, as I was in Dolan Park the night before my op.

How goes it Lolapig?
Please dont stop writing your diary- I have read it daily since I got here.. think how many people you are helping :D
Im running out of nice ways to say "fart" on mine, but Im sure we can come up with a few more.
How are you coping with work? Im soooo tired when I get going that I sleep for England at night. I cant imagine putting in a full day, but Im sure it will all be better by then. Im just a bit low in protein I think.

So isnt today your first mushy solids day?
Oh how exciting! :D
Tell me what you're having!!

xx

Oh Dave good luck. I feel for you wityh those hours xx Im back in too, have just seen my first customer in ten days. I need a nap now lol Nope, I have two cake orders to bake before the day is out. And not one morsel to touch my lips!

Thanks hun. I've peaked now. Feeling really nauseous. Tired, I think....

Well, today I did a 5K sponsered walk with school, I'm knackered! But... Feel great! 2 weeks post-op, no huffing & puffing either :D I've been busy back at work, and just getting back on with family life really. I feel good, felt very hungry tonight when I came in, don't know if it was the exercise or not, but definitly the hungriest I felt since op. Just kept busy to avoid the kitchen... Busy I am, youngest daughters 10th birthday party tomorrow, so, filling party bags, pinatas, cleaning outdoor furniture, preparing food, and, took delivery tonight of a rather inviting Bouncy Castle, for the party :553:. Tired beyond belief now, need to get to bed ready for busy & exciting day tomorrow. Food wise, tried a wee bit salmon & mash tonight, but felt a wee bit uncomfortable after it.
Recieved an email Re: Fill... I'm going to have to phone Glasgow Clinic as it's on a Wednesday... No good for me, as I'll need a whole day off to go to Glasgow, I've had enough time off, can't have any more. I'll need to phone to see if I can go on a weekend, either that or I'll have to wait to the summer holidays.

Oh my goodness... there's no stopping you is there? lol
I cant believe how much you crammed into one day, 2 weeks post op or not!!

Summer holidays is a very long time away.. but I guess it depends when the fill was for actually. Im sure you will be able to change it if you need to. Lots of people work all week, so surely a saturday must be on the cards?

Well done Lola.. you really do seem to be in control of your band, not the other way around. You are inspiring me to act the same way. xxxxx

Birthday Party went well, kids had a great day! I have to confess I nibbled on some egg sandwiches, cake, couple of Maltesers and Crisps! Obviously no restriction to speak of as I felt fine. Had a couple of glasses of RED too! Checked, and on band info said, no alchol for 5 days post-op. So that was fine... Not beating myself up about my wee nibbles & tipple, had a fab day! : D

Birthday Party went well, kids had a great day! I have to confess I nibbled on some egg sandwiches, cake, couple of Maltesers and Crisps! Obviously no restriction to speak of as I felt fine. Had a couple of glasses of RED too! Checked, and on band info said, no alchol for 5 days post-op. So that was fine... Not beating myself up about my wee nibbles & tipple, had a fab day! : D

Well that's not so bad...how did you feel afterwards? Today?

Your doing so well Lolapig!! It's great to read how well people are doing with the band. A good positive attitude goes a long way!! Xx

I felt fine Dave, but needed a drink of water, Hahaha! Up at 7.30 as usual, but okay. Back to proper eating today, had a Slimfast, 2 bananas, Half portion of low-fat cottage pie & spoonful of beans, lovely!

Got my date for my first fill at Glasgow Clinic, not long at all... Now it becomes real! I have to admit to being a wee bit worried about the restriction road, I know that's the whole point, but I think I'll be very careful, as I'm scared of the consequences if I overeat, or eat the wrong things... I'll just have to try my best and go with it.

Last edited:
Just tried a tiny drop of Fruit & Fibre, really fancied it! Went down fine, chew, chew, chew! Didn't eat the apple bits though, felt, not right somehow? Just waiting to see how it settles with me, the noises have began! :p maybe be better with plain bran flakes, just as nice and I can have more... :D

I cant WAIT to chew some food!
I really fancied cottage pie but cant find a low cal one. Hubby bought me a regular one but nothing is as good as mine. I never buy ready meals, but at the moment Im stepping away from cooking and enjoying being able to read how much protein/cals is in a packet without working it all out. Its the easy option but not the tasty one!

Back