• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre and post op dress sizes

Pre Op - 21 stone 7 pounds
5 Foot 7 Inches
Dress Size - 28/30

11 week post op
17 Stone 4 Pounds
Dress size 20/22

Pre Op - 21 stone 2 pounds
5 Foot 2 Inches
Dress Size - 26

Post op
5 Foot 4.5 Inches (yes I gained height)
10 Stone 2 Pounds
Dress size 10/12
Top 10/12
Bottoms 8/10

I'm 5'5 and am 11 months post op, starting (pre pre op diet) weight 16 stones 10 lbs size 22 and I'm now 10 stones 0.5lbs and a size 10 (some times an 8!)

That's great :) I hope I can do so well my team aren't very optimistic about my loss as im 15 st 11 at the mo they said expect 2 stone loss at the most. I hope I do as well as you I'd be over the moon x

Its amazing and really inspiring how well people have done post op. Well done everyone great loses x

Pre op I was 17.7 and size 20/22

5'6

Now, 1 year post op I am 9.7 and a size 10.

I started 17 st 7lb nd size 20 (5foot6inch)

Im now 15 st 6 nd a size 16 / 18

Ive been told ill only lose half my excess weight which is about 3 stone 10 lbs. Ive lost 2 stone in what... 7 weeks? Either its going to get way harder or I smell bullpoop. I dont see how if Im using more cals than I consume I cant not lose xxx

Lousarah, it would seem we started out exactly the same. What surgery did you have? I was told I would loose about 70% of excess weight and have far exceeded that. I think they say that so as not to get hopes up and everyone is different.
Where did you have your surgery?

I was banded on the nhs by mr kalivikostas from st georges tootig but got a cancellation and had the op perfored at st antonys in Surrey. It was the psychologist who rammed it home when I said i wanted to be a size 12 xx

Day of op weight 16 stone Dress size 24 - 22

Weight now 13 stone Dress size 18 - 16

Op was 5 months ago today ?

Lousarah, very jealous that you managed to get your surgery on NHS. Emphasises the postcode lottery we live in. Even with all my health problems I was told I needed to put on a lot more weight to even be considered for referral here in gloucester.

I think they are right to try to make people see that it is not always possible for people to get down to a size 10/12 but in reality we did not have a significant amount to lose and so it was always more likely than someone who started their journey much larger. Taking into account the extra skin etc.

Had my op 4th August 2012 was size 30-32 I'm now a 16 over 10 stone loss so far x

Sent from my iPod touch using WLSurgery

Brilliant replies - many thanks everyone. It has helped to put things into perspective about how my body will change much better than just the weights alone. Thank you and well done everyone x

I know I was very lucky. I fit the nice guidelines with a bmi over 40 and im hypermobile with degen disc disease. I have a fantastic gp who got me funding and I know that nhs funding is tough. Im so greatful and even more determined because i think of it as if my friends paid (its their taxes after all) so I cant fail them xxx

Back