• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op daily menus

RoseA

My pre-op diet starts on 6 May but I've decided to try and stay as close as possible to the pre-op rules between now and the official start date. I know I'm crap at staying on lo-cal diets for more than a couple of days, so this is going to be no walk in the park... but hey, no pain no gain...

Day one (26 Apr)
2 cups of coffee with milk
2 Muller lites
1 bowl of chicken noodle soup
1 sugar free jelly
1 baked chicken thigh with stir fried veg

Less than 700 calories in total, felt a bit light-headed this morning.

Day 2 (27 Apr)
1 capuccino
1 latte
1/2 cup of edamame beans
1 sugar free jelly
2 small pieces of smoked haddock with green salad
3 pears
NAS squash

Less than 700 calories again and amazingly, not feeling too hungry tonight.

It's the first time I've eaten edamame beans and they were really quite nice. Pret a Manger sell them in little bowls. The girl looked at me rather strangely when I bought them - I go in there every day and usually buy sandwiches, crisps, yogurt drinks, desserts etc. LOL!
Tonight I cooked the smoked haddock in the microwave for 5 mins with a little salt, pepper, and lime juice. Delish :)

Rose

Last edited:
I officially start my pre-op next week too so will be watching your thread closely to help keep me motivated :)

It's going to be tough as I still have to continue cooking dinner for my teenage son so the temptation to nibble at his food will be there! If I was on my own with only the food supplies I'm allowed to have in the house it would be far easier.

I officially start my pre-op next week too so will be watching your thread closely to help keep me motivated :)

It's going to be tough as I still have to continue cooking dinner for my teenage son so the temptation to nibble at his food will be there! If I was on my own with only the food supplies I'm allowed to have in the house it would be far easier.

Good luck with your diet ! My husband does most of the cooking so I'm just gonna have to get used to doing my own !

Rose

I'm 5 days into my pre-op diet...liquids only..I've done really good and honestly I haven't cheated even though late evening I can't get food off my mind..so I find something to drink and something to do..Surgery for me May 7th..Prayers needed!!! Thanks

I'm with you girls.
My surgery is booked for 12th may and I am on the pre-op diet too.
Mine is 3 slimfasts a day. Its hard going as I have to cook for hubby and 3 kids but will be so worth it.
I put beef casserole in the slow cooker before bed last night though, now that was a mistake cos my house smells lush this morning!

I have to do the food pre op in a short while and i'm dreading it. Not so much the sticking to it now but the fact the diet sheet from my provider sucks... It gives you plans for two days which are really crap, much better when you do a slimming group and they say x amount of cereal, milk, meat, carbs for the day and you can work it yourself... but the funniest bit was where it said ''two eggs - not fried''...... Noooooooooooo really? Anyone would think it was a diet!

Keep on trucking you lot, you'll soon be there xx

I haven't been given any diet plans - just a (VERY short !) list of things I am allowed to eat. No guidance on portions though.

I got on the scales this morning, didn't really expect to see any change yet as it's only been 2 days... but I've lost 4 lbs already :eek::eek: :D:D

Rose

Good luck with your diet ! My husband does most of the cooking so I'm just gonna have to get used to doing my own !

Rose

Thanks! :)

After discussions with son last night we've come to the decision that we're going to eat the same things for dinner (i.e. fish/chicken/turkey & veg/salad) only his portion will be much bigger than mine, plus he'll have a carb option.

We went out and stocked up on what we need last night so no temptation to go to the local shop. Obviously he can still eat what he likes at college as I don't see it. I'm a lot more confident at getting through this now :D

Thanks! :)

After discussions with son last night we've come to the decision that we're going to eat the same things for dinner (i.e. fish/chicken/turkey & veg/salad) only his portion will be much bigger than mine, plus he'll have a carb option.

We went out and stocked up on what we need last night so no temptation to go to the local shop. Obviously he can still eat what he likes at college as I don't see it. I'm a lot more confident at getting through this now :D

That sounds like a good plan - maybe he'll lose a bit of weight too ? :)

Rose

That sounds like a good plan - maybe he'll lose a bit of weight too ? :)

Rose

Oh he doesn't need to lose any weight, he plays 2-3 hours sport every day so needs to eat lots of protein & carbs to sustain a healthy weight.

Day 3 (28 Apr)
1 skinny cappuccino
1 small coffee
2 cups of chicken noodle soup (without the noodles !)
1/2 cup edamame beans
2 sugar free jellies
1 piece cooked salmon with 4 spears of asparagus
1 pear
NAS squash

Rose

Last edited:
I'm 5 days into my pre-op diet...liquids only..I've done really good and honestly I haven't cheated even though late evening I can't get food off my mind..so I find something to drink and something to do..Surgery for me May 7th..Prayers needed!!! Thanks

No solids at all ? That must be hard pre-op :sigh:
Good luck with everything !

Rose

Day 4 begins... and I can't believe I've lost 6 lbs already ! :eek:
Collected my skinny cappuccino from Pret and arrived at work this morning, only to be evacuated ! So I sat outside in the sun for 20 minutes, drinking my coffee:flirt2: What a nice start to the day :character00238:

Rose

Hi Girlies

My pre-op starts 5th May, the hospital sent me through the diet sheets beforehand so I can have a look through and ask any questions when I see them. I think I may do the milk diet, I love milk!! and would rather stict to that I know I won't go wrong. My operation is booked for 17th May (having a band fitted) and cannot wait to start a new life!!:D I see some have jelly is that just with counting calories?
Nicky x

Day 4 (29 Apr)
1 large skinny cappucino
1 small coffee
2 mugs of chicken Bovril
1 piece cooked salmon with 4 asparagus spears
3 sugar free jellies
1 pear
NAS squash

Rose

Last edited:
Day 5... really tired this morning. Didn't sleep at all well last night. Horrified when I got on the scales this morning to find I've apparently put ON a pound since yesterday...:eek::eek::eek: HOW could that happen ? I've eaten less than 700 calories a day for the last 4 days ! And I haven't cheated once !

I'm due to meet a former work colleague for lunch today - I haven't seen her for over a year, she has no idea about the bypass and I don't know what I'm going to eat/drink this lunchtime. I'm worried that I won't be able to find anything suitable and I'll put on more weight... what a *** waste of time !!
:wave_cry:
Rose

Bloody scales!!
I get on mine every day too and they sometimes go up even when I've been ultra good. Don't give yourself too much of a hard time cos you're not officially on your pre-op diet yet anyway so you're doing great. I'm sure there will be a fish or chicken salad on the menu that you could have. Keep going girl x

Day 5 (30 Apr)
1 large skinny cappucino
1 small cappucino
2 pears
grilled chicken with green salad
2 sugar free jellies
1 mug of chicken Bovril
1 iced tea

OK, I had no need to worry about ordering lunch - the grilled chicken salad was perfect. Probably made a bad choice with the iced tea though... bound to be loaded with sugar :rolleyes:

Rose

Last edited:
Making progress...

Day 6 (1 May)
Well, I've lost that pound that went back on, and another two, so as of this morning I have lost 12lbs in 5 days :D:D By Monday it could (should) be a whole stone gone already ! :eek:

As it's a weekend there's no work routine for me to organise myself around. I have to do the next week's food shopping for me & hubby..:sigh: so hope I can stay focussed ! Not much else to do this weekend, I just hope the weather doesn't turn out to be as wet as they've forecast as I really want to get out and photograph the bluebells.

Despite everything though... I still worry I'm not doing things quite right as I've not being feeing overly hungry, or emotional, or irritable (ok, I think you'd better ask my OH about the last two !!), or craving chocolate or sweets... I even walked past the Percy Pigs someone brought into the office yesterday and didn't even want one ! Has someone messed with my head already ?? :rolleyes:

Rose

Back