• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op daily menus

Well done Rose your doing great! I really struggled at first but by day 4 i was in the swing of it! I lived on the spitroast chickens from tesco's they were yummy!

Day 6 (1 May)
2 coffees
2 sugar free jellies
1 mug of chicken Bovril
2 pears
1 piece of cooked salmon with 4 asparagus spears
NAS squash

Rose

Last edited:
Day 7 (2 May)
2 coffees
2 pears
2 sugar free jellies
1 mug chicken Bovril
roast chicken, courgettes, green beans
NAS squash

Rose

Last edited:
Day 8 (3 May)
Slightly disappointed this morning, I thought I was going to be able to say I've lost my first stone as I was only a pound short yesterday. I have lost some more weight, but not quite enough. I'm 0.2lb short! :sigh:
Oh well, there's always tomorrow...

Rose

You're doing really well Rose, well done x

Day 8 (3 May)
2 coffees
1 mug chicken Bovril
3 sugar free jellies
3 pears
cooked salmon, courgettes & green beans
NAS squash

Rose

First stone gone... !!!

Day 9 (4 May)
Yay !! Got on the scales this morning and I'm now one whole stone lighter !! :D:D I really feel my journey has begun now...

Rose

Day 9 (4 May)
1 large skinny capuccino
1 coffee
1 mug of Knorr chicken stock (run out of chicken Bovril... it's not the same LOL!)
3 sugar free jellies
2 pears
prawn stir fry
NAS squash

Rose

Day 10 (5 May)
1 large skinny cappucino
2 coffees
3 pears
3 SF jellies
herb omelette with 3 eggs
NAS squash

Rose

Day 11 (6 May)
Weight loss is slowing down, unsurprisingly. I started off losing 2lbs a day for the first 3 days, then 1 lb a day, now it seems to be about 1lb every other day. No matter - I started the pre-op diet 10 days early anyway (I wasn't supposed to start until today). I'm 15lbs down so far so I'm hopeful I'll have lost at least a stone and a half before my op - and have a teeny tiny liver ! I've got my pre-op assessments this coming Monday so it'll be interesting to see what the hospital scales say by then !

Rose

Last edited:
Day 11 (6 May)
3 cappuccinos
1 mug chicken stock
1 SF jelly
3 pears
prawn stir fry
NAS squash

Rose

Day 12 (7 May)
OK, so my weight loss seems to be stalling at the moment. The latest pound is taking forever to lose ! I have however, lost 2 inches off my hips :D mainly because my stomach has shrunk. I'm already finding that my trousers are baggier and I'm down to very few decent ones I can wear to work.

I don't have a wardrobe full of different sizes to fall back on - I've been pretty stable size wise for the last 10 years (I'm still wearing clothes I bought 10 years ago !) and I also had a major clearout when we moved house 5 years ago. I might have to get some smaller trousers sooner rather than later...
Rose

I've found the same thing! I've gone from looking 9mths pregnant to around 6mths now and managed to get into my jeans this morning, which I've not worn for a good couple of years! :D

I'm lucky that I still have a wardrobe full of clothes in sizes 14-24, even if some are dated and more than 10 years old! ;)

Day 12 (7 May)
2 cappuccinos
3 SF jellies
1 mug chicken stock
3 pears
smoked haddock, courgettes & green beans
NAS squash

Rose

Day 13 (8 May)
So coooold !!! I don't think it's all me though, as hubby isn't warm either. This May weather isn't up to much, is it ?! Anyway, I got on the scales this morning and my mini-stall has finally shifted - I'm down another 2 lbs :D:D

Pre-op assessment day on Monday, so I can hold my head up knowing I've done well so far.

Rose

Day 13 (8 May)
3 coffees
3 SF jellies
3 pears
2 mugs of Baxters beef consomme (Mmmm!)
smoked haddock, courgettes, green beans
NAS squash

Rose

Day 14 (9 May)
2 coffees
3 pears
3 SF jellies
2 mugs beef consomme
grilled turkey with fresh peas & green beans
NAS squash

Pre-op assessment day at the hospital tomorrow :eek:

Rose

Good luck for tomorrow, I am sure they will be really pleased with how much you have lost so far!!!!
Thanks for putting the daily menus up, as I shall have something to go by when I start my pre op diet in a month or two.
You do like pears :))))) xxxxx

Good luck for tomorrow, I am sure they will be really pleased with how much you have lost so far!!!!
Thanks for putting the daily menus up, as I shall have something to go by when I start my pre op diet in a month or two.
You do like pears :))))) xxxxx

Thanks Jan :) And the pears are part of the diet ! I was given the option of having one apple a day or 3 pears. Seeing as I have so little solid food each day I really welcome tucking into a juicy pear ! I do worry that they appear to be loaded with carbs, but I was told to eat them so it must be OK...:confused:

Good luck with your pre-op diet when you get to it - bear in mind though that yours might be completely different to mine .

Rose

Back