• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op daily menus

Good luck today Rose, I'm sure you'll be just fine :)

Regarding the pears, I should imagine they're ok as the sugars are natural fructose rather than glucose. There's a surprisingly high amount of sugar in milk too, but again it's lactose, another natural sugar. I guess these sort of carbs are ok as I don't think they're stored in the liver as glycogen in the same way glucose is.

Thanks Twiggie - that's very reassuring !

Just back from my pre-op and everything is fine - so it's all systems go now ! They weighed me in at 118 kilos, which means b**gger all to me - I'm gonna have to convert that to old fashioned English LOL! Anyway the nice nurse said my BMI worked out at 45 something, which is amazing, since it was 50 when I saw the consultant last year !!!

The sun is shining and I'm looking forward to my new life...

Rose

Day 15 (10 May)
I can't believe I've been doing this diet for 2 weeks ! Just a week to go now...

3 SF jellies
3 pears
2 mugs beef consomme
3 coffees
smoked haddock with courgettes & asparagus
NAS squash

Rose

Day 16 (11 May)
2 pears
1 cappuccino
1 coffee
3 SF jellies
grilled turkey breast with asparagus & fresh peas
NAS squash

Rose

Day 17 (12 May)
3 coffees
2 SF jellies
2 pears
3 egg omelette with asparagus
NAS squash

Rose

Hi Rose, just popped in to see how you are doing. You seem to have the pre-op diet sorted. Any nerves showing yet? Not long now. Good luck. xx

Hi Rose, just popped in to see how you are doing. You seem to have the pre-op diet sorted. Any nerves showing yet? Not long now. Good luck. xx

Thanks John :) Am gobsmacked how easy the pre-op thing has been (probably shouldn't say that, it must be tempting fate...!) I think someone must have adjusted my head while I wasn't looking :rolleyes:! I've been quite excited the last week as it's got closer. Pre-op assessments went well on Monday and it's all systems go. Last day in the office today though and I had a sudden attack of nerves :eek:. Have a really busy few days ahead though so I've no time to dwell on it, then Tuesday will be here before I know it ! :eek::eek:

Rose

Thanks, I know.... GULP !! :eek::eek:

Rose

Day 18 (13 May)
2 coffees
2 pears
1 SF jelly
1 large mug chicken Bovril
cooked salmon, green beans & asparagus
NAS squash

Rose

Day 19 (14 May)
4 coffees
2 mugs chicken Bovril
3 pears
3 SF jellies
handful of prawns (steamed with lime juice & lots of black pepper...Mmmm!)
scrambled egg (2 eggs)
NAS squash

No veggies today... naughty, naughty !!

Rose

Diet analysis

I'm using www.fitday.com to chart my progress on the pre-op diet. I've captured a screen print of the latest analysis and put it in my photo album hoping it might be interesting / useful information for pre-oppers on a similar diet.

BTW, another couple of pounds gone... that's 20 lbs so far and another 3 days before I go into hospital.:D

Rose

Last edited:
Day 20 (15 May)
2 coffees
2 SF jellies
3 pears
2 mugs chicken Bovril
stir fry chicken & veg
NAS squash

Rose

Hi Jan... doing OK, thanks ! Just very tired this weekend... probably my body saying slow down a bit and take it easy ! :rolleyes:

Day 21 (16 May)
2 coffees
3 pears
3 SF jellies
1 mug chicken stock
roast chicken, asparagus, cabbage
NAS squash

You're doing fantastic Rose, and lost a good amount of weight already too! Not long to go now, are you getting excited? :D

You're doing fantastic Rose, and lost a good amount of weight already too! Not long to go now, are you getting excited? :D

Thanks Twiggie :) Yes I am excited... but a bit nervous now too, I go in tomorrow ! :eek::eek::eek:

Rose

Day 22 (17 May)
Almost the last day... I go into hospital 6pm tomorrow :eek: I can't believe how well I've coped with this diet, mentally as well as physically. I'm sure someone's messed with my head ! :D I was hoping to lose one more pound, to make it a stone and a half lost overall, but I'm still a pound short (although there's always tomorrow) I really shouldn't grumble though... 20lbs is a nice round number ! :D

2 coffees
3 SF jellies
3 pears
2 mugs chicken stock
cooked salmon, courgettes, green beans
NAS squash

Back