• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet support

marcusbm

I have surgery in Bruges, Belgium on 16 July.

On second day of LSD. Could do with some emotional support right now.

I have found the LSD was the hardest part for me, it was very hard going but it does get easier after about 4 or 5 days, you just have to stay focused on the end goal.

Good luck and hope your surgery goes well x

Definitely concentrate on the final goal.

What are you hoping will be the end result of your surgery? For me it was being able to go on holidays with my son I wouldn't have dreamed of before (and also nicer clothes). When I felt my enthusiasm and motivation drooping I would search the internet for holiday and clothes sites.

Horrible isn't it?

I'm on Day 4 and todays been the worst by far.

Just remember we are going through it. And defo remember your end goal

x

Hope you're doing okay xx

I found it got better around days 4/5. Keeping going Hun!! You'll do it. xx

On day 3 now. I've cancelled going to a conference tomorrow - not ready for that. Also not sure about work next week (if I'm offered any).

My reason for surgery: to be able to walk without pain. To be able to swim again. To be able to be in good enough health to work full time. Anything else is a bonus.

On day 3 now. I've cancelled going to a conference tomorrow - not ready for that. Also not sure about work next week (if I'm offered any). My reason for surgery: to be able to walk without pain. To be able to swim again. To be able to be in good enough health to work full time. Anything else is a bonus.

I've took my preop time off work. To focus properly on what I'm doing and not stress eat.

Plus I was dizzy and snappy. Not a good combination in a busy office xx

May be worth having some time off if you can x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Im on day 8 now and it does get easier i promise. For the first 5 days, it was hard, really hard, make sure you drink plenty of water, and when hunger gets too much, have a warm milky coffee...if it doesnt help, have a shower, go for a walk, a nap, anything to take your mind of it..

Hoe you doing Marcus? what day are you on now, Im day 6 and must say I feel much better, I hope its getting easier for you, YOU CAN DO IT, stay strong x

I've took my preop time off work. To focus properly on what I'm doing and not stress eat.

Plus I was dizzy and snappy. Not a good combination in a busy office xx

May be worth having some time off if you can x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I'm not sure I can go without the income...

Im on day 8 now and it does get easier i promise. For the first 5 days, it was hard, really hard, make sure you drink plenty of water, and when hunger gets too much, have a warm milky coffee...if it doesnt help, have a shower, go for a walk, a nap, anything to take your mind of it..

Day 4. I tried keeping myself awake as late as I could so I can nap between 'meals'. For some reason I don't feel as hungry in my bedroom as I do in the living room - I guess there's no mental association with the room and food.

Hi Marcus

Stay focused it will get easier. I found the first few days so hard and had no energy at all, id come home from work and lie on the sofa. Just think you are now at the start of your journey to your new life, not long now you can do it :)

Hi Darling just wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome to the site, i don't think we've met before :)
Just wanted to add to everyone else out there routing you onwards...... As everyone has said and i will echo it does get easier by the day, once your past day 4/5 the ugh feelings will pass, promise. Try and keep your fluids up that will also help :) Stay strong and focused on the end result, you are worth this journey .............. For me too it was about getting mobile again there is nothing worse than pain from just standing or walking..... trust me the pain will disappear quickly. I found the best thing was to be here, getting advise and constant support, reading others diary's too :)
We're all routing for you ..... x x x x gl

Day 5. Tried adding some water to one of the shakes and half freezing it. Feels more like a meal, I think I'll try that again. Will try having one hot for 'dinner'.

Headache has subsided. Down to 156.9kg (346lbs). Getting closer to my first target even while pre-op.

17 days to go!

Day 6. I'm starting to get used to feeling hungry all the time. Whenever I feel hungry I drink a glass of water. Unfortunately this also has the effect of turning me into a human water feature.

Hi Marcus, looks like you passed the hardest hurdle.. Keep focused not long to go.. Mine is 6 days away x

Best of luck. I imagine the pre-op diet gets easier the last few days. I'm dreading the travel day.

Travel day will be fine. You'll probably be just be nervous but I'm sure the hospital staff will really put you at ease. If it makes you feel any better on my travel day I had to walk in the rain to the hospital from the tube station and I was wearing flip flops. Let's just say I was not in the best of moods when I arrived but as soon as I was there and in my hospital room I was able to chill out a little bit and just kept thinking of that day when I can fit in my size 14 jeans again

Back