• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diets for WLS, what is yours and how was it really?

Im on the pre op diet for bypass where ucan have either toast or 3 tbl spoons of cereal for breakfast then slice of bread with lean meat, cheese or 2 eggs, then for tea small potato, small pasta or small portion rice with meat, cheese or 2 eggs.

Ive managed to work most of it out but im confused as its states 1 piece of bread can be substituted for small pitta. does this mean norml size pitta or those mini pitta's.

Can anyone help???

The mini pitas my dear, the ones that are only a little bigger than your hand. Hope that helps!

Nic;)

Cheers Nic, it really helps I get confused over the smallest things. Just wanna make sure I stick to the diet 100%.

Where are you having your op done hon?
Im on the pre-op diet at the moment too, still on the food part like you until day 7 then its the much much reduced part.
Drinking water constantly is being a real god send for me.
I understand the wanting to stick to it religiously as that is how I am, good on ya for being so good with it xx
Steph xx

Hi Steph,

I am having my op on 26th October at Hope Hospital in Salford. How about you?
Also hows the pre op diet going for you?
I found fizzy drinks helps with the hunger as well as the water.

Natalie x x

Hi Natalie
My operation is on 29th October at Spire Regency in Macclesfield, my last pre op is the day you have your operation.
Good luck to ya xx
The hunger isnt an issue now, it stopped and I dont notice any now, still glugging the water though.
Steph xx

Hi Steph,

Well good luck with your pre op diet and your surgery on 29th. I am hoping to be back at home for 27th or 28th so will try to post something to let everyone how I am and how it went.

Natalie x x

Due to start my liver shrinking doet tomorrow, gulp! :eek:

It consists of:
4 x slimfasts a day
1 x oxo cube
Up to half pint of s/f jelly
1 x sanatogen a-z gold tab
Minimum 2ltrs water

Opted for slimfasts as I don't liuke the taste of milk. Sooooo looking forward to it! :rolleyes:
Cuppa xx

Hi Steph,

Well good luck with your pre op diet and your surgery on 29th. I am hoping to be back at home for 27th or 28th so will try to post something to let everyone how I am and how it went.

Natalie x x

Thank you honey and good luck yourself xx
Steph xx

clear liquids, chicken (2 small pieces) or fish (2 small pieces), jelly (sugar free), a small amount of green veg.

it was awful - really horrible.

I have just started 4 weeks of 800 cals a day which I am finding hard in the evening. I am fine during the day but by the time I get home I do get the munchies, I am trying not to drink too much during the day as I work in a school and dont have the luxury of being able to nip to the loo as often as I would like which would probably make me less hungry. Ah well its not for ever.
Stevie
x

Well i am having to do a pre op for 8 weeks, my surgery is planned for mid Feb but as i am hoping for a cancellation for Jan as that is when my op was meant to be i am staring my pre op of 800 cals low carb/low cal in mid Dec to be ready in case a cancellation comes up mid Jan, not looking forward to it though lol x

well its day one of my SIX week pre op milk diet and im on:
8 to 10 120g yoghurt pots that have to be less than 65 calories.
2 litres of water
1 pint of skimmed or semi skimmed milk.
bovril, tea, coffe as required (using milk from allowance in the tea and coffee)

After my trip to tescos found that only weightwatchers do a yoghurt in the desired size/calorie i was looking for, shocking when you actually start to look at the calories in some of this stuff.....

well as i said day one six pots, a litre of water and two coffees later only side effects were a loud belly rumble during a meeting and several loo stops.

roll on the 6th January..... :sigh:

I was told at my initial appointment with the dietician the pre-op diet is an optional one. Choices being two weeks of milk and yogurt or two weeks of meat, meat and more meat.

They also said that once you've made your choice, that's it you can't swop.

Reckon I'd go for the milk and yogurt as it will be easier at work.

Not looking forward to it, but must be done!

This so so confusing, all surgeons want us to follow a diet to reduce our livers but they are all so different. I was expecting to receive an all liquid diet drinking mils etc but the one my surgeon gave me is completely different. It's like a normal healthy diet, plenty of fruit and veg salads etc just avoiding carbs and limit the fat content. I'm so worried it won't work.

This so so confusing, all surgeons want us to follow a diet to reduce our livers but they are all so different. I was expecting to receive an all liquid diet drinking mils etc but the one my surgeon gave me is completely different. It's like a normal healthy diet, plenty of fruit and veg salads etc just avoiding carbs and limit the fat content. I'm so worried it won't work.

It will work as long as u stick to it 100%, the whole point of the pre op diet is to get rid of all the glycogen in ur liver and to do that u have to limit ur carbs. There are carbs in fruit and veg but not as much as in stuff like bread, spuds and pasta.
Good luck am sure u will be fine xx

i am on my pre op diet now other than being a bit bland it is fine i am managering on the amounts and also not feeling hungry and to boot i have lost 13 lb so overall chuffed.xxx

my diet is low carb, low fat high protein diet

Back