• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op gastric bypass

maryliz

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so hope I'm doing this right, just thought it be nice to chat to others who are going through the same as me or gone through, I had my op in luton dunstable on tues 9 th July, came on Friday, feeling a little stronger each day, am having sips of water throughout day and actimal yogurt drinks, also bought some innocent smoothie it doesn't say low cal will it be ok?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Innocent smoothie may be a problem because of the fructose in it. I can't drink 'neat' orange juice and if I eat more than around 3-4 strawberries I get the first signs of dumping syndrome.

Congratulations on your op x

Hi maryliz congrats on your op. I had some shakes from hospital post of and they were 15g sugar in 330ml and I didn't dump but then again everyone is different. If your concerned water them down a bit.

My blender has never been so busy making smoothies as the last week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi maryliz congrats on your op. I had some shakes from hospital post of and they were 15g sugar in 330ml and I didn't dump but then again everyone is different. If your concerned water them down a bit.

My blender has never been so busy making smoothies as the last week or so.

A really thick question but how do you make smoothies?

Ingredients

1) A handful of frozen berries or fresh fruit if you like.
2) half a banana.
3) 150mls of alpro soya vanilla pouring yogurt.
4) 150mls of milk.

Method
1) Chuck it all in a blender or jug if you have a stick blender.
2) blitz until smooth.
3) Pass through a sieve or tea strainer to remove any pips.
4) Drink and enjoy :)

Its so strange how each hospital works, some say fluids for 2weeks then puree, like mine some say 1-2 days fluid then puree for 4 weeks, softs for 2 weeks then then by weeks post op they want u on solids. I think the smoothies good might give them a try :) Good luck with everything x

Mmmm paula sounds lush, been dying for some fruit other than banana or stewed apple :D so the berries tick the box x

I do mine slightly different. It all depends how thick you want it and what you have to hand. Also depends what your threshold is for dumping. I have dumped yet *touch wood* but any more than 100ml of apple juice and I'd be risking it I think

Frozen berries
3 spoons 0% Greek yoghurt
100ml apple juice
Handful of ice cubes.

I'm still trying to work out how to do a banana smoothie without it foaming. I keep getting 90% foam when I do any with milk.

I had banana, teaspoon of smooth peanut butter and milk smoothie for breakfast and my god was delicious, didn't really foam that much and was extremely yummy x

Back