• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Sheffield Northern General

there are premier inn beds and travelodge beds available for 19 and 12 pounds respectively.

I s there no one on here who you are friends with who would put you up for the night before the op who live close to the hospital. Am sure lots of people would be only too happy to help.

Hi Mark :) Eventful day, I think. I was told my op would be at the NGH but I got a cancellation at The Thornbury so you never know until you get the phonecall. Don't panic as in my experience they bend over backward to accommodate any problems you have. Depending on where you are on the list, the time you need to be there can be a bit flexible. Get your teeth sorted first so you are in a position to take the first date offered to you. Your lung age can't matter to him or he would have told you the op couldn't proceed. Don't know what a central line is :confused: I only had a cannula :confused: Do you know anyone in Sheffield that would put you up for the night if really necessary? Just take things as they come & don't worry about things that may not even happen. Good luck for the op & hope it is soon for you :)

Denise, central line is like a canula but it is in the neck.

Don't know anyone in Sheffield, and we live 30 miles away. Maybe I am panicking over everything - just wish it was all over.

Anth

Denise, central line is like a canula but it is in the neck.

Don't know anyone in Sheffield, and we live 30 miles away. Maybe I am panicking over everything - just wish it was all over.

Anth

Ah, I see :) Just a thought ... don't DSS cover travel etc costs for hospital visits? Wonder if they would cover the cost of a taxi for you? Worth asking but in the mean time, try to relax as much as you can. You are nearly there ... :):) xx

I'm going to get in touch with them tomorrow as well as get a dentist sorted. Thankfully some here are taking on NHS,

So, how long will you have to wait from pre op assessment to your actual surgery?
I bet you're really excited!
Don't worry about the dentist, ( I'm allergic to them too) just keep thinking of the new you!
Em xxx

Emma , what stage you at so far? Have you been to the group meeting?

I read your update, it's very exciting for you! And interesting for me! :eek:

I got a letter for my group session today, appointment is 10th May , so just 3 weeks from now and I was only referred 2 weeks ago on the 5th.
It's suddenly got very real for me!
I'm going to be super interested in your progress because we're probably going to be in the same hospital and have the same surgeon.
Em xx

Emma,

I had group session in January, saw consultant mid March and was told then that I would have surgery within the next two months. The only reason I am not likely to have mine until June time (fingers crossed) is that I am away in Cornwall and the north east for two weeks, then in Benidorm for a week. If I hadn't the holidays planned then I would have probably been having op in the next month

June isn't too far off now though...its almost the end of April!!
I wish I was going on holiday, but as soon as I decided to have surgery I decided no holiday abroad until its done, might have a wee trip to Inverness though and I've got my eldest daughters graduation in Aberdeen in July.
Only thing is..not much chance of a sun tan in Scotland!

The cornwall one is taking my mother down to see my brother/nephew. I love the north of Scotland, we had a great break there couple of years ago - stopped in Strathpeffer

I've never been to Cornwall and my grandad was from there!
We lived just outside Inverness for 8 years and usually go visit my in laws in the summer holidays...it's a beautiful part of the country.
Em xx

Great,

Just what I wanted! Been taking calcium tablets for nearly a week not and I'm starting to get bunged up already!!!!

If i'm like this now what am I going to be like when I start the milk diet

Great - more bloods

Had pre-op assessment done 18/4, now got call today from docs saying hospital wants to have full bloods done again, god knows what for - they wouldnt say

Do they ever explain, just get app. and get them done just so things still on track xx sometimes its best not to query just put your head down grit your teeth and plough on. best of luck xx

Annoying thing is I'm on holiday. Get the usual oh it's not urgent but call the docs

Back