• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Sheffield Northern General

Get back Monday so get forms Tuesday and off to hospital again.

My bloods came back as calcium deficient easily sorted with tablets, don't worry too much about it delaying things x

Lucie, they found I was calcium deficient in last blood tests when initially saw consultant in February. Been on calcium tablets for a few weeks now, this was before I had the blood tests at the pre-op.

They taste bloody awful lol

Good luck and have a nice holiday.
Em xxx

Holiday was great, train journey was a killer all 8.5 hours of it. Up 'home' for a few days before heading back to current home lol

Just got home and letter from hospital says I may have an infection which is why need bloods redone.

No mention from them or docs as to what it is. Guess will find out more when I collect form from docs and google the tests lol

Oh dear hope you get things sorted out, my calcium tablets are adcal and are tutti fruiti flavour they are ok i don'tmind taking them i only take 1 a day now haven't taken 2 for a while am supposed to have 2 like but i forget the t time one. fingers x all will be well xx

Hope all goes well with this next lot of blood tests.
Em xxx

Still none the wiser. Form says full blood count and that is all docs got off hospital do looks like a case of wait and see.

I really don't know what is going on, got letter from doctors today to say they want to do yet another full blood count in a month. They STILL won't tell me what it is they are looking for, so I will be calling them yet again.

You need to demand that they tell you if there is a problem or not :mad: Hope you are not messed about for too much longer, honey :wave_cry: xxx

Getting REALLY annoyed now.

Called docs this morning, told call results line. As I was in town popped to surgery only to be told call results line, WHY - I was in the bleeding surgery for god sake.

Woman at reception called the results line and all they could tell me was "oh some of your blood levels are high", when asked what that meant was told "oh we are not medical experts you would need to speak to docs".

Got to wait now til tomorrow to find out more off a doctor.

All I am wanting to know is what they are looking at, just to put my mind at rest.

Well, having blood tests done again in the morning. Had two fillings today too, another two in two weeks. Lets pray by then I will have a date!

Guessing the bloods is something my GP is looking into as I have my date for op

Hotels near Thornbury Hospital Sheffield

Hi everyone

Got my official documentation today from BMI for my op on 9 July at the Thornbury in Sheffield.

As I need to be there for 7am, can anyone recommend any hotels (cheap) near the hospital or is it going to be better and cheaper stopping in the city centre and getting a cab out there?

Also, is there anywhere to eat near the hospital as other half is wanting to stop for three nights

Sorry I can't but just wanted to say great news. Not much around up there so best deals will no doubt be back down in the city centre...get googling lol. As for places to eat there's always the hospital cafe, but again most places are as you head back towards town. Have you not got to go there before the big day so you could have a look to see?

We will be going, just wondered what experiences others may have had

Hi Hon, Can't recommend any hotels as I only live a couple of miles away so wasn't necessary for me :) It is a very residential area so any hotels around there are very expensive & exclusive. You will definately get better deals in town. The other option would be a bed & breakfast of which there are many :) As Jo says, Google will be your friend in this instance ... Good luck for the day, sweetie :) xx

I looked, the one next to the hotel , how expensive! In the books I got with the letter it said that a relative can have room at hospital for £55 a night but when I called they said it was old onfo and they don't do it any more

Back