• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Sheffield Northern General

Grrrr , feel like screaming - everything is starting to get on top of me.

Getting close to starting the pre-op diet , but been feeling run down. Went to docs and got a chest infection - bringing up loads of gunk - so been put on antibiotics.

Hope it isnt going to affect the op - date is 9 July

You have a couple of weeks yet?! Calm down!!! stressing over things won't help....relax and embrace it and you'll be fine :)

I know Jo, trying to relax but just can't. Sleep pattern's rubbish at the minute.

Managed to get lift to hospital sorted however

Nice one!

In Sheffield at min. Went on reconnaissance mission to find the place. Well hidden from main road. Hotel next door too so other half may stop there two nights as does not want to leave me.

That's good, bless her!

As this was probably my last time in Sheffield before the op, went to Meadowhall for something nice to eat.

went to Handmade Burger Company and could not eat all my burger :-o , Also thought would treat my sweet tooth one last time, had a doughnut from Krispy Kreme and was surprised that I did not enjoy it at all. Was eating it and thinking why am I doing this , why have I been shoveling this sort of crap down my throat for years

That's prob the only eatery I've not tried there! Lol! Post op go to harvester as mrs can order her meal and it's free salad so you can punch a bit of her chicken and eat for free :)
Think we've all thought that....but at least now something's being done about it...ooooo Krispy Kreme....now you're talking :)

Well tablets are finished but still got but of a cough. Thinking may be reflux as got but of burning sensation in gullet

Grrrrr getting more stressed.

After NGH saying would be fine re chest infection. Got call today from the Thornbury saying normal policy is if had infection ops are postponed a month. She called me back after speaking to consultant to say come in as normal but if chest sounds not right then op will be off.

I know they are only thinking of me and safety with anaesthetic but..............

Well I am two days into the milk diet, coping OK with it.

Tonight was the hardest, family 21st lots of food and drink but took a yoghurt instead lol

Retfordmag said:
Well I am two days into the milk diet, coping OK with it.

Tonight was the hardest, family 21st lots of food and drink but took a yoghurt instead lol

That's where I think telling everyone helps as in that kind of situation it spurs you on to be good! Well done on breaking! Day 3 was my toughest with headaches etc so hopefully today's not too bad and soon you're energy will come to have you bouncing off the walls, it did me lol

Well done you for not just thinking "ahh well a bite of xyz won't hurt ... " major achievement in itself, I had a few early nights and films in bed whilst on this phase just to ahorten my days slightly .. hope it flies by just think of your long term goal!

Lucy / Jo

Did you struggle to drink 2 litres of fluid as well as the 3 pints of milk? I'm drinking no where near 2 litres, finding the pints of milk are bad enough plus side effect is I am peeing all the time lol

Maybe that is where I am going wrong, spreading the milk out during the day.

I did mug of milk every 2 hours with mug of tea inbetween so did get my 7mugs of milk and 7 mugs of tea. It's hard though! It so takes over!!!

Day four and finding it really hard, craving food really bad. Youghurt and sf jelly really not cutting it. Wish was this time next week and it would all be over

Day four and finding it really hard, craving food really bad. Youghurt and sf jelly really not cutting it. Wish was this time next week and it would all be over

Awful isn't it! Everywhere I look there is so much nicer food around than the milk! In the car this morning and found boiled sweets in the drivers door (now in the bin) and minstrels in the glove box (also now in the bin). I was parked up at the time, taking a work call, and was just looking around the car and saw my hand in the sweet bag!

The dogs had lambs liver (raw) for breakfast this morning, I started salivating like something out of a Pavolv conditioning experiment as I prepared it for them.

Not too long now...

Today has been a bit easier, think because I went out with other half on bus for a few hours - stopped me thinking of food

Back