• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op Sheffield Northern General

Wow 17lbs in a week, thats brilliant!
Not much longer to go now for you....are you all packed and ready?
It's useful to know about the oxos/boullion for when my turn comes.
Em xxxx

Not many more days left you can see the end of it now and it's normal to feel anxious ove an operation this one will change your life and mr ackroyd is one off the best
Good luck

Yet another lousy sleep last night. Woke up to a bit of a sore throat. Bringing up a bit of the green stuff too. Just what I need

You're getting yourself worked up by the sound of it. What about something to help you sleep? you don't want your op getting cancelled now you've come this far

I'm worried it will get cancelled. Don't want to go through diet again. Doesn't help that other half has had what sounds like flu

Been taking vitamins for months. Think diet got me run down too

Well, i MAY sleep better tonight.

Finally told my mother that I am going into hospital. Told her I am having the band done (didnt want to try and explain bypass to a 70 odd year old). Not too sure of her reaction, there were long silences from her. Told her it is something I have not taken lightly, and that I need to do it otherwise I will be in an early grave as I am eating myself to death.

Brother calling her to see how she is

you're obviously someone who thinks and cares alot about others but this is one time if you don't think about yourself you'll come unstuck, so please stop worrying and focus on making yourself fit for the operating table! If needs be get some beechams etc down you, prevention better than cure!!

I can't help it, lost my dad a year ago so worry about mam. I'm also a carer for other half too

Just try your best, I'd hate you to make yourself ill and they then postpone. Take care of yourself

I give up. Feel do tired yet as soon as I go to bed I can't sleep and toss and turn.

You perhaps don't want want to hear this but I wonder if you're in the right frame of mind for this. There's lots of others using the milk diet as a positive hurdle, feeling focused etc regardless of how tough it is. youre going to be put to the test post op too...it's no easy ride/plain sail and you need alot of grit and determination to succeed...are you and your mind really ready for it? Do you believe you can succeed? If the answers yes then great. If not then postponing may be a wise option. Sorry if that sounds tough, but .........

Jo, it's just that I am partner's carer and I seem to be worried more about her than I am about the op itslef. Can't wait for the wait to drop off.

JUst glad I have made it through the pre-op diet.

I'm sure she will be fine as you will no doubt have her care all in hand in your absence. So please, try and not worry and think about how great it's gonna be, pre op is now all about done and this week brings a whole new beginning so get ready to ride the roller coaster :) I wish you all the best for tomorrow!!!

Good luck for tomorrow just think this time next week you'll be all done and starting your new life
All the best
Mark

Well. This is it. D day.

Hardly slept again last night. Think fear of missing alarm did it.

Keep you all informed.

Just read your thread through, today is the day n am sure all will go well, as long as you haev care in place fr your other half and let your brother worry bout your mam, she will be worryn bout you just relax and let them worry bout you for a change, thats what I had to do. My parents were 68 n 70 last year when I went in n my hubby n I dont dry poor dad n mam have taken me to every appointment and came to every visiting time with my hubby n sisters n we live 4o minutes from hospital on a good run. Stay focussed n positive you can do this don;t miss this opportunity takes sooo long to get to this point, best of luck everything will fall into place you'll see, this time next week you will be wondering what all the fuss was about xx

Back