• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op shopping

so far i have:

lip balm
decaf tea bags
peppermint tea bags
chewable windeze
and i bought an asda shake to try, ive heard they're ok :) x

depending on what pre op diet you've been (will be) put on i've been posting the recipes for my high protein low carb pre op diet that i've come up with to make food more interesting when you can't have much

hi caren, as advised by a fellow sleevie on here i have also packed some breath freshener and mouth wash as apparently you mouth can be very dry and your breath smelly - yuk!!
don't forget your moisturiser [very dry atmosphere in hospitals] and, a good book to read xx

depending on what pre op diet you've been (will be) put on i've been posting the recipes for my high protein low carb pre op diet that i've come up with to make food more interesting when you can't have much
that will be a great read! where are they? lol xxx

My nurse rang me and told me I need a good multi vitamin and calcium I'm having a band . It may be a obvious question but will I need to get liquid form ones? X

My nurse rang me and told me I need a good multi vitamin and calcium I'm having a band . It may be a obvious question but will I need to get liquid form ones? X
i dont think so, i think the banders on here have the normal tablet ones x

Wow ... this post is a blast from the past :D I was pre op when you opened this thread :D Also you seem to have less on your list than you did way back in September, lol ... get yer finger out girlie cos you are going to be post op soon :):) xxx

Wow ... this post is a blast from the past :D I was pre op when you opened this thread :D Also you seem to have less on your list than you did way back in September, lol ... get yer finger out girlie cos you are going to be post op soon :):) xxx
i know!! hahahaha i was gonna start a thread, then remembered i already had :D xxx

i know!! hahahaha i was gonna start a thread, then remembered i already had :D xxx

Lotsa sleeps since this was opened :rolleyes: (not so many for me, admittedly) If Lil is going to be around post op, don't buy much food at all cos if you are like me, it won't get used. I filled the freezer with little pots of allsorts & nearly all of it got thrown away. Just get your liquid stage stuff in as you will be able to shop for yourself after that. So, Marvel, Slimfast, WW clear soups, NAS Squash, Fruit tea bags, Fruit juices etc. Your hospital bag will need to be a bit more extensive than mine as you will be out of the country & will need to cover all eventualities (unless I am coming with :) )
Toiletries, Lip Balm, 3 nighties, dressing gown, towels, book, Mouth Wash (spray) NAS squash, NAS mints, Blow up pillow for return journey, change, phone charger (adaptor for Czech plugs) earplugs, although you will probably be in a private room :) Loose clothing for coming home in ... sports bra preferably as underwire can rub on the wounds for some people.
I have probably missed something but I am sure someone will add to this for you .... ooooh I'm sooo excited for you, darlin xxx :D:D

Lotsa sleeps since this was opened :rolleyes: (not so many for me, admittedly) If Lil is going to be around post op, don't buy much food at all cos if you are like me, it won't get used. I filled the freezer with little pots of allsorts & nearly all of it got thrown away. Just get your liquid stage stuff in as you will be able to shop for yourself after that. So, Marvel, Slimfast, WW clear soups, NAS Squash, Fruit tea bags, Fruit juices etc. Your hospital bag will need to be a bit more extensive than mine as you will be out of the country & will need to cover all eventualities (unless I am coming with :) )
Toiletries, Lip Balm, 3 nighties, dressing gown, towels, book, Mouth Wash (spray) NAS squash, NAS mints, Blow up pillow for return journey, change, phone charger (adaptor for Czech plugs) earplugs, although you will probably be in a private room :) Loose clothing for coming home in ... sports bra preferably as underwire can rub on the wounds for some people.
I have probably missed something but I am sure someone will add to this for you .... ooooh I'm sooo excited for you, darlin xxx :D:D
OOOoooo thanks for all that!!! im excited too woohoo!!! (no you're not coming) :rolleyes: pahaha :D xxx

Awwwwww :sigh: imagine what we could get up to in a foreign land :flirt2: ;) :p xxx
bahahaha thats true! maybe we should go a week before my op :D hmm might end up in jail and miss my op though lol
you're a lil minx :D

Caren said:
OOOoooo thanks for all that!!! im excited too woohoo!!! (no you're not coming) :rolleyes: pahaha :D xxx

I don't know you very well at all but I'm so pleased for you. Can't wait to follow your threads once you're through to the other side. The most important thing I didn't take and I wish I had was my patience! I wanted to rush through all the different stages and now looking back I'd say to anyone getting ready for surgery is "rome wasn't built in day"! Allow your body and mind to take its time healing and basically being reborn. Enjoy your journey Caren.

xx.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I don't know you very well at all but I'm so pleased for you. Can't wait to follow your threads once you're through to the other side. The most important thing I didn't take and I wish I had was my patience! I wanted to rush through all the different stages and now looking back I'd say to anyone getting ready for surgery is "rome wasn't built in day"! Allow your body and mind to take its time healing and basically being reborn. Enjoy your journey Caren.

xx.

oh thank you so much :) xxx

xx.

Excellent advice ... although Caren's not big on patience either, lol. She wants the op & the first 5 stone to be a distant memory :p :D :rolleyes: xxx

Excellent advice ... although Caren's not big on patience either, lol. She wants the op & the first 5 stone to be a distant memory :p :D :rolleyes: xxx
:8855: its true, i do hahahahaha xxx :D

Caren said:
:8855: its true, i do hahahahaha xxx :D

I have zero patience, made all the normal mistakes - but the thing is, its the mistakes that helped me learn! My pig head had to learn fast not to rush my eating, not to weigh daily and that all the advice in the world wouldn't help me unless I helped myself! Four years on and goal reached I'd do it all again in a heart beat!!

Back