• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op today hope all is ok, got a feeling it wont be tho :(

alison1979

Why do i have a horrible feeling something is going to go wrong and they will not do it?. i am hoping its just nerves but i will have not got a good feeling, will post when i am back let you all know x:sigh:

Ive got my last pre op today and hopefully get my date and ive got an awful feeling that they will find something wrong....

Although if they did then surely they would of rung and said something was up?

I could of wrote your post myself!

Why do i have a horrible feeling something is going to go wrong and they will not do it?. i am hoping its just nerves but i will have not got a good feeling, will post when i am back let you all know x:sigh:
oh Alison im sure you'll be fine honey :) I do the same to myself all the time. "its goes ok for everyone else, but not for me" lol be sure to let us know honey :) xxx

Muffintop83 said:
Ive got my last pre op today and hopefully get my date and ive got an awful feeling that they will find something wrong....

Although if they did then surely they would of rung and said something was up?

I could of wrote your post myself!
Your be fine

Thanks everyone, hope so xx

You will be fine, it's just you want this op so badly the thought of it being cancelled is to much to bare.

All the best

Ric

You'll be fine! I'm pretty sure everyone goes through these thoughts prior to surgery. All I could think about was 'what if my liver hasn't shrunk enough' but I was fine. Xx

Hey how did everything go xx

sorry hi all went great :)...but since i got home i have nothing but chew about the operation from my mam and friends ect, just worried its a bit thing all the usual stuff worried "i will not make it".
Feel down and low and questioning it all again :( :( could cry just want to know its all going to be fine and deep down i know it will be but then they always bring it back to the surface again x

Alison I've just txt you but please don't worry I'm always here for you and if you like I'll come every day to see you in hospital of you want me too as I know your family are helping with the kids and it's a very long way to come xx

aww amy, thank you so much i am just worried and fed up with it all roll on the 6th thats all i can say, and cheers hun it means a lot xxx

Everyone has these last minute wobbles, honey ... they would not do the op if they did not feel you were a good, safe candidate ... Good luck for the 6th, sweetie xxx :):)

I know what you mean for me this been the hardest and i thought it would be the easiest. I'm worried too everyone is but deep down I know it's what I want and I need to do this. At the min all I want to do is run to food because I'm worried but I won't give it the satisfaction. Also I don't want to let myself down.

Not that I want food because I don't, but it the habit that is the hardest to break. I truly believe we can all lose weight but it's out habits that prevent us. I believe the surgery doesn't just help us lose lbs another person in my case lol but it helps us break the habits. It's kind of like been a toddler again and been weened. Xx

Last edited:
Girls, it's only natural to have the colly wobbles at this stage :wave_cry: none of us have taken the decision to do this lightly! being 6 days post op I can honestly tell you both that I feel amazing! taking things easy tho!

the consultants at SRH are very very experienced, and we are in the best hands. they totally reassured me that I was in safe hands, and here I am to tell the tale! :p

seriously tho, before you know it, it will be done and you will be wondering what all the worry was about :)

the days will fly by from now!

handy tip .... take a blanket in with you! we were bl@@dy freezing!

take care
xxx

If it makes you feel any better Alison ive burst into tears about 4 times today and asked myself a dozen times if im doin the right thing. i know the answer to that is yes but its just natural that we are going to get this close and worry. When i'm feeling like that i just log on and read all the possitive posts by the POST OPPERS which me you and Amy will be soon. big hugs hun, we are gonna do this xx

god I wish I was so near id be doing cart wheels......well sort of!

Thank you everyone i love reading all these positive posts, i am have a wobble because it is happening on tuesday..OMG!! it takes my breath away when i say it :/.. just makes it worse when people say, i just hope you are ok and i will be on edge till you wake up, so in other words i dont die :(. gets me thinking what if they right and i dont wake and the kids are left without a mother etc etc...i do feel better today and i see everyone on here all in one peice and doing well and it does bring me back round, its like i have a good voice and a bad one in my head lol, one saying "dont do it you will not be ok and have every problem going".. and another one saying go for it you have seen everyone on here come out ok and its the best way forward for me to have a healthy and active life for me and my family, anyway enough of the rant, thank you all for being there i really do appreciate it..love to you all xxxxxx

Hiya
i know how you feel, a few weeks back there was a lady that had died, (Brighton) because she didnt get enough nutrients over a 6 month period, dont remember the whole story but it affected my head big time, but each day we sit here typing away our thoughts and feelings being so badly overweight . we are at risk of having a heart attack or stroke... but cant lose the weight on our own, i think you have to think reasons for havng surgery against the reasons for not having the surgery... doing nothing leaves you wide open to have a heart attack/stroke but by doing something positive you are far more likely to come through the op and have a much better and healthier life, smile and tell yourself your one of the luckier ones in a way... you are having help to get rid of the excess weight and a new you begins!!
Good luck, much love and hugs xxxx

Hiya
i know how you feel, a few weeks back there was a lady that had died, (Brighton) because she didnt get enough nutrients over a 6 month period, dont remember the whole story but it affected my head big time, but each day we sit here typing away our thoughts and feelings being so badly overweight . we are at risk of having a heart attack or stroke... but cant lose the weight on our own, i think you have to think reasons for havng surgery against the reasons for not having the surgery... doing nothing leaves you wide open to have a heart attack/stroke but by doing something positive you are far more likely to come through the op and have a much better and healthier life, smile and tell yourself your one of the luckier ones in a way... you are having help to get rid of the excess weight and a new you begins!!
Good luck, much love and hugs xxxx

OMG really she died?? i never knew that, what did she do wrong?? not take the vitimans x

Back