• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op today.

Mike Calvert

HI Folks,
Just had my pre-op today. What a roller coaster of emotions. All was going fine, do you take warfarin/asprin? No. (I had three strokes about three years ago. I've been on a tonne of pills since. Most I have not a clue what they do. A while later,

Tell me your medication doses, Oh, it says here you are on Clopidogrel, that's a blood thinner. When was your last dose?

This morning.

So, has anyone told you that you are not allowed any blood thinners seven days prior to surgery?

When is your surgery?

Monday.

Oh that may be a problem?

I felt sick to my stomach.
It turns out my last dose, (as I didn't take my tablets last night), was Tuesday evening. Six days before.
The nurse has since phoned me back a little while ago, and said they are OK to still go ahead Monday.

I should be feeling very relieved, but I still feel like I have had six bells knocked out of me.

Anyway it's group night tonight, so I had better get my big ass in gear.

BW
Mike

You'd think they would tell you about something like that beforehand! All the best for your surgery on Monday, soon you'll be on the losers bench!

Good luck Mike! See you on the other side :)

Hi @Mike Calvert how did you get on? Hope it all went well for you.

HI Folks,
Just had my pre-op today. What a roller coaster of emotions. All was going fine, do you take warfarin/asprin? No. (I had three strokes about three years ago. I've been on a tonne of pills since. Most I have not a clue what they do. A while later,

Tell me your medication doses, Oh, it says here you are on Clopidogrel, that's a blood thinner. When was your last dose?

This morning.

So, has anyone told you that you are not allowed any blood thinners seven days prior to surgery?

When is your surgery?

Monday.

Oh that may be a problem?

I felt sick to my stomach.
It turns out my last dose, (as I didn't take my tablets last night), was Tuesday evening. Six days before.
The nurse has since phoned me back a little while ago, and said they are OK to still go ahead Monday.

I should be feeling very relieved, but I still feel like I have had six bells knocked out of me.

Anyway it's group night tonight, so I had better get my big ass in gear.

BW
Mike

Hi mike, i have my pre op on monday, what type of tests do they do if you dont mind me asking. I am really looking forward to my surgery but the pre op is scaring me as this is the final hurdle to get over to secure the op

My pre op was at Salford royal on fri, lots of blood taken, weighed, ECG, discussed all medication that I take and medical history and finally swabs taken. I must admit I was scared incase I didn't meet criteria or was put back to weight management, but it went ok and so just waiting for a date now.

My pre op was at Salford royal on fri, lots of blood taken, weighed, ECG, discussed all medication that I take and medical history and finally swabs taken. I must admit I was scared incase I didn't meet criteria or was put back to weight management, but it went ok and so just waiting for a date

The surgery has to be completed at a max of 12 weeks after your pre op otherwise the info from your pre op expires so you will defo have a date for your surgery within the next few weeks... good luck x x

Back