• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

presctiption charges

Hi Caren my Mum has thyroid problem and she is paying for her precriptions.. so this is good news. Her Dr hasnt mentioned not paying though x

my doctor didnt mention it either, it was the lady at the chemist. I think i got the form from her, you fill it in then take it to the doc and he/she sends it off, its not just the thyroxine either, all medicine is free :) x

Hi Caren my Mum has thyroid problem and she is paying for her precriptions.. so this is good news. Her Dr hasnt mentioned not paying though x

Hi Mandy, Thyroid problems are for life so prescriptions are free for life. Your mums doctor should have made her aware of this but if she asks either him or her pharmacist they will give her a form to fill in. xx :)

i got a 3 month card and paid £29.10 in the last 2 days it cost me £31 but atleast i can get that back, its deffinatly a must have as i even had to pay for my b12 injections so i have 6 ampules which will last me a while haha
eeeerrrrr! do you really have to inject yourself after the op?

Yep ... apparently. Most surgeries require this to prevent thrombosis. It is Claxane or similar usually for about 10 days or so as a blood thinner but it is a doddle & if you are a diabetic you will be used to needles. xx :)

oooooooooh nooooooooooo! not diabetic but hubby is and I could pass out watching him inject! I've got a massive needle phobia!!!! I faint giving blood. what a woose I hear you say but man it freaks me out! it there an alternative?

xxx

Yep ... DVT ... :) I think if you really can't do it there must be a way round it ie; district nurse. But by the time you come out of hospital & they have coached you in technique, you will be fine. :) After the trauma of surgery, Lynne. a little prick will pale into insignificance. Everyone has worries, mine is the mask but look what is to be gained by gritting your teeth & being brave for a little while :):)

..... and you have to wear a mask too? now this is getting weird! i think having to suffer a little prick for 10 or so days can be tolerated! I've had to suffer longer :) I've got a sweat on at the thought of it all. phew!

xxx

Hope you don't have nightmares, hunnie. :) I am told that you do not feel the mask as you have already gone off to the land of nod & if this is not true I will just have to bear it, as it will be too late, but I intend to make sure the anaesthetist is aware of my phobia ... Afterwards they give you oxygen via a mask but I think you can opt for the nasal tubes. Don't worry, just tell them of your worries & they will do all they can to make things easier for you :):) xx

The needles are hair fine you dont feel them go in,you just pinch your stomach and pop it in.Honestly you will be fine.Maz x

..... and you have to wear a mask too? now this is getting weird! i think having to suffer a little prick for 10 or so days can be tolerated! I've had to suffer longer :) I've got a sweat on at the thought of it all. phew!

xxx

i suffered one for 18 years :D

Josiegirl said:
I am looking forward to that most of all. I currently have to inject insulin 6 times a day and it is really a pain in the bum. My surgeon told me that sometimes people find their diabetes goes into remission instantly as they come out of surgery. I expect it will depend on age, length of time with diabetes and severity etc but even so, he said that the rest usually go into remission within a few months. I can hardly wait for that. I honestly think that weight loss will be a bonus to that. I hope you won't need the metformin after your op. It is horrible stuff and makes a lot of people feel spaced out.

Oh by the way, you should still be entitled to free prescriptions as you will still be classed as diabetic I expect.

You only get free prescriptions if you are diabetic AND on medication - you lose the exemption if you control the diabetes by diet - sorry!

I think so, I get free prescriptions as I am diabetic, which as you said is a card I just show the pharmacist, so I assume it's the same for pre paid cards.

Similar to an earlier post, I only need iron and adcal on prescription but my gp writes out a private prescription and it cost me £8 for both items rather than the £16 an nhs prescription would have. X

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

In response to injections, I had to previously inject clexane as I had PE, (blood clot on my lung) and I can honestly say you cannot feel the needle at all. I was nervous the 1st time, but no pain and after you have done it a few times, it becomes second nature and you don't think anything of it. You'll be fine! x

thanks stellap, thats what i thought ,,,quite right too!,,,,,,,just want to see the chemists face ,when i go in cured! lol,he makes such a deal about seeing my excemption ticket ,looks at me like im lying about having diabetis just to get free medication ,haha hel av a wobble when i pay lol! he reminds me of norris from corrie! lol

Back