• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private Bypassers - Hows your aftercare ?

Fat Again

I had my surgery through the WLS Group back in November, I was told that within my package I'd have 3 years aftercare. I though this was a great deal, however now feel they really ain't delivered.

The aftercare basically consisted of:

A visit to the clinic 2 weeks after surgery. (I was expecting a full check on my wounds etc, however they just chatted about my diet and weighed me).

A weekly phone call for 6 weeks. (This happended on a Monday each week, once again it was just checking on my diet, i.e what I should be eating etc.)

Thereafter a phone call a month for the following 10 months. I haven't had a call since the beginning of June ?

It amazes me how there was no clincical/medical follow up, I had major surgery for christs sake.

Has anyone else had disappointing aftercare ?

Hi
am interested in your thread, i had a bypass with WLS a week today, i was told by the surgeon on discharge i would be contacted by the company for an appt with HIM in 2 weeks, interesting how you say nothing medical was checked. I received a telephone call 2 days post surgery to tell me that i was to start on yoghurts and thin soups on day 3.
As well as the price, i must say that the 3 years aftercare also attracted me to those providers. Before i booked the operation with them i searched and searched for any bad feedback about them and couldnt find any. I hope this doesnt let them down.
thanks for this thread

I had a years after care. I got a call 3 weeks after surgery to check then i had an appointment with Mr Ammori at 8 weeks and the same time with the dietician. My next appointment was at 14 weeks with the bariatric nurse then the dietician. 6 months appointment consisted of same appointments but this time my bloods were checked and i have my last appointment coming up and again it will be with the dietician and the nurse, i believe they are taking blood but if i have to pay for that i will ask my GP. I have been told i can call anytime ( i have done and got answers) immediatly. I went with Marcus Landauer Cosmetic surgery x

I have a consultation on Wednesday with The Hospital Group but getting nervous after reading so many negative posts online regarding aftercare.

There seems to be a lot of telephone calls rather than medical checks. Funnily enough a bariatric nurse rang me today to see how i was getting on, and that i can introduce some weetabix in to my diet, and to also make me an appointment for the 18th of August with the surgeon, so will keep you posted

Back