• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thg ! Have u had bad aftercare ?

they must of had a dietician employed with them in those weeks x

or she wasn't off sick :rolleyes: maybe she fancied a day off with the nice weather? :D

It's crossed my mind to perhaps see the dietician from our GP surgery, but they probably know nothing about bands and if it's the one they sent me to see in the past, she was almost as weighty as I was :8855:....how funny is that, a fat dietician? :eek:

a letter had been sent out Friday to confirm a re-scheduled appointment for tomorrow at 4.15pm....that letter didn't arrive in the post today.

Oooh...I just got the letter from THG with my rescheduled appointment for today! it also has a food diary booklet in it that I should be completing. :eek: ...progress at last??

Hiya
I had the cheap and cheefull package with THG, thank god I didnt part with more money for non-existent care. I, Like you have my care through the obesity clinic (NHS) at University Hospital, Coventry & Warwick, not my PCT, I'd like to add, but my PCT referred me there as they dont have this type of thing under my area (Northamptonshire). Anyway, I paid to have my surgery done by THG, and then approached the consultant I was seeing through University Hospital Coventry & Warwick, and set out my case, and requested that they sort out my band fills, as I had paid for the surgery. They do the fills at this hosptial, but were reluctant to do the fills as I hadnt had the surgery with them. My consultant said that he would ask, pass the request along. I also went to my GP, and asked if she would ask my PCT, if they would agree to fund the band fills. My GP said that she would make the request. Low and behold, my PCT agreed to fund my band inflations at University Hospital. SO Quietipina, why dont you go and see your GP, plead your case, and say "as you shelled out for the surgery, and saved the PCT the cost of that, can they fund the band fills, it cant hurt and you never know, they could always agree to do it ---- yes I believe pigs do fly, well they have for me anyhooo. Good luck, and just a thought for you.
MNL;)

Thanks for that, I will give it a try - no harm in asking afterall! x

:faint2: :faint2: :faint2:

the dietician from THG called me today at the arranged time of 4.15pm....admittedly, it was rather a hurried call which lasted all of 12 minutes....but she called :eek:

didn't tell me anything different to what I've learned from you Mini peeps, but is going to arrange another call for 3 weeks time to check on how things are going after tomorrows fill and from that will determine when to have my 2nd fill!

a mere miracle methinks :rolleyes:

Hiya

I must say that the Hospital Group never called on me to see how I was after surgery. I had to chase for everything, although luckily enough I got the post op exray and discharge appointment in the same letter, one week apart, which was great. I wrote and emailed a complaints letter, and to this day, nearly one year later, have never had a response to it.

They are cr*p
MNL:wave_cry:

I was with the THG and can't praise them enough. The aftercare was brill. I'm sorry to hear other peeps are having problems.

Brochure came through straight away and wasn't pestered at all. Didn't pay any consulation fee until I paid the deposit a week later after seeing Prof.
Prof McMahon was a love. The advisor and clinical nurses I saw at Leeds, all had the band, so knew what they were talking about and were happy to chat with me over everything. Fair enough the dieticians hadn't had surgery but was always on the phone with me 20-30 mins going through everything with me, even on bank holiday mondays, always rang at the time they said and if I needed them between, they were there.
Just received a letter tonight wishing me all the best for the future as my year contract has finished now.

Oh my gosh!!!!! you guys have taken the words right out of my mouth. I had my Gastric band done with the Hospital Group and all they cared about was taking my money. They were so pleasant and helpful before I had the surgery but once I had it done there service was terrible. I went for a package with all the follow Up etc. I had a problem 8 months after the surgery where I got food stuck and I could not even swallow my own saliva. I ended up in my local NHS hospital and was kept on a drip for a week before I was able to take fluids and food orally again. Anyway when I came out of the hospital I phoned the hospital group and they did not want to know, they said that I would need to have a barium swallow and have some of the fluid removed under xray to check it was all ok and that was it. So I had that done, all seemed well. However when i needed them to refill it they said I would have to pay for it as I had already had all the ones I could covered by my plan, even though it was due to a complication. Also like many others on here, I was not followed up after my surgery, I did not get anyone phoning to check on my after surgery. Anyway I have just had a bad time with them, they are money making machines and that's all.

Everyone has different experiences.

Gosh!With all this bad press,went along to a pre arranged consultation without this prior knowledge.
Waited on a boling hot day for 3 hrs 10.30am appt seen at 1.15 for20 mins for both Proffessor M who was understanding of my yo yo weight,took recent fat and recent thin ones,and photos over the years saying i could lose weight but couls not keep it off.

He agreed to operate but now had a major change of heart as after care/support is vital/cruial for me...........

I have phoned them and told them of the bad reports on sites and they said "we have improved greatly over the last six months we have a dietican but really not sure due to this after care follow up....Mia

hahahaha lol @ improved, they brill up till just after the op then leave ppl to rot/cope alone, if u want after care, quality after care then i think u wont get that there, yes a few have but thats because they managed to keep there staff at the time.....

ok im gonna shut up now enough said from me :eek:

Gosh!With all this bad press,went along to a pre arranged consultation without this prior knowledge.
Waited on a boling hot day for 3 hrs 10.30am appt seen at 1.15 for20 mins for both Proffessor M who was understanding of my yo yo weight,took recent fat and recent thin ones,and photos over the years saying i could lose weight but couls not keep it off.

He agreed to operate but now had a major change of heart as after care/support is vital/cruial for me...........

I have phoned them and told them of the bad reports on sites and they said "we have improved greatly over the last six months we have a dietican but really not sure due to this after care follow up....Mia

Im sure there are a few people here that would recommend somewhere else for you to go. I am with Weight Loss Surgery Group, they are great.

I think theres a couple more out there that you should consider.

Good luck with making your choice :)

xxx

If these people are not living up to their side of the bargin then why don't you all get together (online if it's easier) and write letters of complaint, set up a petition or go to the papers and expose them!!

i have mentioned before that people should email watchdog but i think no one wants that challenge, i cant do it as i have no right to as im not there patient, if i was i would of done by now xxx

Back