• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Thg ! Have u had bad aftercare ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
Ok minis, whos been with THG and payed for aftercare and not recieved it ?

they have let alot of people down with the aftercare side treat patients like royalty when handing over the cash and during the op care, then the give false promises for good after care you guys have payed for, then those promises are not followed up, i decided a while back after many of my bander freinds were finding the after care was very little or non existant to ring them enquiring about banding, even tho i was already banded, they was ringing me all the time trying to keep business, in the end i said shouldnt you be putting these phone call efforts into looking after the patients you already have instead of ringing me most days, they didnt like that.

anyway the point of this thread is for people thats not had the after care that they have payed for and the more ppl that speak up then the better the after care may get as they seem to disregard peoples letters of complaints and people that complain about after care do not get a reply its not good enuogh THG!

Last edited:
Hi Liz

I didnt go with THG but did make enquiries with them, they didnt actually ever send anything out to me but kept ringing asking for money to book an initial consultation. I told them I had decided to go elsewhere and they were very rude and kept ringing, luckily on my mobile so I could block their a***s!

I recall a few people saying they had bad experiences with their aftercare, think there was a post in the diary section.

Maz x

exactly maz if they put there time and effort into ringing there existing patients then maybe they would gain a better reputation.

I went with THG and was delighted with op. etc. However, I got the mega cheap package and so have no aftercare with THG. I have support etc. at Weight Man clinic (NHS) I go to and on Mini's and through books. I need a fill within the next few weeks so that'll set me back :(

I've decided that I won't be ringing THG today to complain but will be putting it all down in a letter as I've got several issues to bring to their attention, not just the dietician no show :sigh:

I'll get Hubby onto it as he did a fantastic job with a very high profile travel company a few years ago when we were fighting for our deposit back after they changed our holiday.

what I need to know is (if anyone can direct me)...who are the regulating bodies for surgery related issues? (when we were fighting the tour operators it was ABTA)

Thankyou in advance xx

After researching for someone, regarding a gastric balloon, there is no one governing body.

Private health care providers are a law unto themselves.

If you paid by credit card, you have some comeback, as you can claim for breach of contract but check your card rules for responding this way.

You can try Trading Standards, they will point you in the right direction of who to make complaints to.

Other than that, all you can do is write a formal letter of complaint to the provider and state that you would like a reply within a set period of time, say 28 days. If they do not reply, you can take the matter further by contacting CAB and getting the correct avenue help.

Remember, the private medical world is just about business. They just need to make money, and they will do that anyway they can. Sadly, people often get let down with after care, not just on weight loss surgery but all kinds of cosmetics procedures.

But the only way to change this is to complain and stand up and be counted.

I was not a private patient, and some have had excellent care but for those who did not, or feel they did not, I am backing you 100 percent of the way.

If there is anything I can do to help Liz, please ask. I have lots of time on my hands.

I'm with THG and agree fully with what others have said.They do not contact patients after surgery at all.

I have an appointment with them next Friday for my first fill , and I intend to let them know how I feel re after care.

The thing I found with them is ,at the 1st appointment with them everything is explained verbally to you. I have nothing in writing from them stating what I am entitled to. I'm sure this is how they get away with lots of stuff. Unfortunately I , like a lot of others ,took everything at face value.

I will be interested to see how others get on with them.

Oh my gosh Yv, whats happened, are you ok??? xxxx

Hi Emma

I'm fine, it's just that THG aren't coming through with aftercare even though I went for the full package.

I was supposed to have a call from the dietician yesterday at 4.30pm, but it never materialised. I had a couple of issues with regards to the transport arrangements and my hospital stay which were not as I'd been led to believe but was really waiting to see how the aftercare panned out before raising my concerns with them, so I'll be making a formal complaint to them ASAP.

Luckily, my x-ray and first fill is being done next Wednesday at Leeds Nuffield (which is the nearest hospital that THG use for x-ray to where I live) and Leeds Nuffield rang me within 2 days of my details being faxed to them.

it's just appaling that they make these promises and then run with your cash :mad:

I went with THG and was delighted with op. etc. However, I got the mega cheap package and so have no aftercare with THG. I have support etc. at Weight Man clinic (NHS) I go to and on Mini's and through books. I need a fill within the next few weeks so that'll set me back :(
Hiya
I had the cheap and cheefull package with THG, thank god I didnt part with more money for non-existent care. I, Like you have my care through the obesity clinic (NHS) at University Hospital, Coventry & Warwick, not my PCT, I'd like to add, but my PCT referred me there as they dont have this type of thing under my area (Northamptonshire). Anyway, I paid to have my surgery done by THG, and then approached the consultant I was seeing through University Hospital Coventry & Warwick, and set out my case, and requested that they sort out my band fills, as I had paid for the surgery. They do the fills at this hosptial, but were reluctant to do the fills as I hadnt had the surgery with them. My consultant said that he would ask, pass the request along. I also went to my GP, and asked if she would ask my PCT, if they would agree to fund the band fills. My GP said that she would make the request. Low and behold, my PCT agreed to fund my band inflations at University Hospital. SO Quietipina, why dont you go and see your GP, plead your case, and say "as you shelled out for the surgery, and saved the PCT the cost of that, can they fund the band fills, it cant hurt and you never know, they could always agree to do it ---- yes I believe pigs do fly, well they have for me anyhooo. Good luck, and just a thought for you.
MNL;)

Hiya
I had the cheap and cheefull package with THG, thank god I didnt part with more money for non-existent care. I, Like you have my care through the obesity clinic (NHS) at University Hospital, Coventry & Warwick, not my PCT, I'd like to add, but my PCT referred me there as they dont have this type of thing under my area (Northamptonshire). Anyway, I paid to have my surgery done by THG, and then approached the consultant I was seeing through University Hospital Coventry & Warwick, and set out my case, and requested that they sort out my band fills, as I had paid for the surgery. They do the fills at this hosptial, but were reluctant to do the fills as I hadnt had the surgery with them. My consultant said that he would ask, pass the request along. I also went to my GP, and asked if she would ask my PCT, if they would agree to fund the band fills. My GP said that she would make the request. Low and behold, my PCT agreed to fund my band inflations at University Hospital. SO Quietipina, why dont you go and see your GP, plead your case, and say "as you shelled out for the surgery, and saved the PCT the cost of that, can they fund the band fills, it cant hurt and you never know, they could always agree to do it ---- yes I believe pigs do fly, well they have for me anyhooo. Good luck, and just a thought for you.
MNL;)

Excellent advice, I live in Coventry so I might approach my gp about this too. I have a 2 years aftercare and fills/defills package but after that would have to pay!

ty 4 all your replies very interesting thread x

I dont know about bad aftercare, their pre-care for thg put me right off. I been waiting 4 weeks for a information booklet and this is what I received via email today............pretty lame if you ask me

Thank you for your enquiry into cosmetic surgery with The Hopital Group. We do offer a free consultation with a surgeon so you could learn more about the procedure you are interested in and see what we could do to help you. If you would like a free consultation please do not hesistate to contact me by email or on the number below.

London Clinic dates are as follows:

July Clinics

Weds 1st
Thurs 2nd
Sat 4th
Tues7th
Sat 11th
Mon 13th
Weds 15th
Thurs 16th
Sat 18th
Tues 21st
Thurs 23rd
Tues 28th
Thurs 30th

August Clinics

Sat 1st
Sat 8th
Tues 11th
Thurs 13th
Sat 15th
Tues 18th
Sat 22nd
Mon 24th
Tues 25th
Weds 26th
Thurs 27th
Sat 29th

I got a brochure through the post once I'd arranged the consultation (consult cost me £50 but they knock it off the price of the surgery IF you go with them)

I actually decided to ring them today about my dietician no show last Thursday (it was playing on my mind whilst doing the ironing this morning :rolleyes:)
anyway, I think I got through to the bariatric nurse I'd spoken to 2 weeks ago as she mentioned my x-ray appointment that she'd arranged for me at Leeds Nuffield.

She said that she had tried to call me on Thursday morning to re-arrange the dietician call because the dietician was off sick...now I was in the house till 11.30am, nipped out -but was back by 2pm and I never received any call. She said they don't leave messages unless it says on our file that it's ok to do so due to patient confidentiality :( and a letter had been sent out Friday to confirm a re-scheduled appointment for tomorrow at 4.15pm....that letter didn't arrive in the post today. Apparently I should be having a dietician appointment once a month and the one I'm waiting for should be appointment number 2 :rolleyes:....she said to ask for an extra one at the end of the package....what a joke!

Soooo....we will see what tomorrow brings...if that dietician doesn't ring, THG will be getting a big fat letter of complaint :sign0151:

I honestly have to say my experience with THG has been fantastic, they were on the phone everyday before my op, the nurses in the hospital (Dolan Park) were amazing, so nice and friendly, Mr Super was lovely, really gentle and kind, came in to see me after the op that afternoon (I was 1st in for op 9am) and then he phoned that evening to see how I was, I came home yesterday, got a call from THG last night and one again this evening, I have received my dates for dietician and 1st fill etc, so far so good.....I cannot fault them at all

hi kate your the 1st to praise them, lets hope they keep it up further down the line x

Blimey Kate...that's great....I really hope they continue to give you good aftercare...it's just a pity they can't be consistent with it :sigh:

HI. I had my band done with the hospital group. I payed for the basic package with no aftercare. I have been very pleasantly suprised as they have rang me on 2 occasions to see how i am getting on. they gave me all the info i have needed and would recommend them to my friends and family.

they must of had a dietician employed with them in those weeks x

Back