• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private WLS in the North West???

Tazzi

is Special :P
Hi Guys,

I know i am a little behind the times but i am a little confused.

I am pretty convinced that i want WLS. I have been umming and ahhing for nearly 2 years now and not got anywhere.

I am more interested in the Bypass than the band but i am open to options :)

Where would i start if i was looking to do this privately? Any recommendations?

I am guessing i need to find a company to choose but i dont know which are considered "good ones" or just very well advertised.

Thanks
Taz xx:D

Hi Taz

YOu may qualify for surgery on the NHS if your ticker is correct. Look here BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Otherwise, a few peeps have had surgery in preston. Not entirely sure of the name of the company but no doubt someone will be along soon xx

Hi Welcome to minis,
I had a Gastric Bypass and went with www.healthierweight.com I can Highly reccomend them and only took 3 weeks from phoning them and enquiring, They have a very good Surgeon too Mr Ammori who is Very well known and has done loads of people on this forum.
Good Luck!!

Taryn,

I had private weight loss surgery and I'm from Preston. I advise you to go to ur GP first and look at the possibilities of getting NHS funding. In preston there is WLS group (just google it) they do bypass and band in Preston but I personally wasn't keen.

I went with Mr Ammori at Spire Hospital in Manchester and had a bypass. Mr A has quite a big fan club on this site as he is amazing and has a very good reputation. The op is around £10,000 privately and I can honestly say its the best money I ever spent in my life x x x

Mr Ammori's secretary is called Louisa and her tel No is 01613432168

Hi Taz

YOu may qualify for surgery on the NHS if your ticker is correct. Look here BOSPA - The British Obesity Surgery Patient Association

Otherwise, a few peeps have had surgery in preston. Not entirely sure of the name of the company but no doubt someone will be along soon xx

Thanks Hun :) xx

oh my word! you have my name! neva eva met anyone with my name before! wowwwww :)

Lol. Well now you do :) I know loads unfortunately. I thought i was special. Although not many only have one R. xx

Hi Welcome to minis,
I had a Gastric Bypass and went with www.healthierweight.com I can Highly reccomend them and only took 3 weeks from phoning them and enquiring, They have a very good Surgeon too Mr Ammori who is Very well known and has done loads of people on this forum.
Good Luck!!

Thanks For the info hun. I will look into it. xx

Taryn,

I had private weight loss surgery and I'm from Preston. I advise you to go to ur GP first and look at the possibilities of getting NHS funding. In preston there is WLS group (just google it) they do bypass and band in Preston but I personally wasn't keen.

I went with Mr Ammori at Spire Hospital in Manchester and had a bypass. Mr A has quite a big fan club on this site as he is amazing and has a very good reputation. The op is around £10,000 privately and I can honestly say its the best money I ever spent in my life x x x

Mr Ammori's secretary is called Louisa and her tel No is 01613432168

Hi mintball.

I qualify for the NHS but because of my previous mental health problems i dont think i would pass the psych.....or at least it would take a long time.

I am going to the GP for a referral anyway but i would like it done sooner rather than later. I have been deliberating for over 2 years now.

Ill let you know how the info search goes.

Thanks for all your help xx

Hi there im from the north west , but i have funding on the Nhs and im having my op at Salford Royal by Mr Ammori, as Mintball said it costs around 10 000 pounds privately and if you telephone his secetray she will give you all the information that you will need, he operates privately at the alexander hospital in stockport and at the spire hospital whalley range, he is supposed to be excellent I met him for the first time today and i was very impressed.

Good luck

helen p.s sorry about the spelling and grammer just finished work and im very tired
xxxxxx

I am from Preston too and I had NHS funding but Mr Ammori carried out the op at Spire Hospital...I would try and get a consultation with him and see if he thinks you need the psych evaluation...he has a better idea of how your problems would be helped or hindered by the surgery...I strongly think he would not put anyone forward for surgery if he thought they did not have the right mentality for it and you may well save yourself a fortune if you qualify for the funding...just for the price of a private consultation with him...good luck whatever option you choose..xx

Hi Taz

Just giving this a bump for you. Wondered if you had made any enquiries yet or looked into it any further.

Theres quite a few posters in this section that live near you. Also we are trying to arrange a meet on 9th May which would give you a chance to come and meet some of us WLS peeps in person if you fancy it. ALthough the meet isnt local to you, people are travelling from your area so you may be able to car share(?) Im rubbish at links, but the thread is called north meets south in the WLS section of the forum.

Yep I agree with Sam it would be a good opportunity to speak to folk and get a better feel in the flesh so to speak...I will be travelling down with Lisa (mintball) and your welcome to join and split the petrol...xx

Yep I agree with Sam it would be a good opportunity to speak to folk and get a better feel in the flesh so to speak...I will be travelling down with Lisa (mintball) and your welcome to join and split the petrol...xx

Where and when is it that you are going??? xx

helen is right mr ammori is great and he puts you at ease . hearing all the prase for him on here is so good wen hell be doing my op and thank you helen for you and clara telling me about this site last week wen we met at hope . i was the one who was chatting to clara .hope to catch up with you on here or at the hospital cu.

Hi Taz

Just giving this a bump for you. Wondered if you had made any enquiries yet or looked into it any further.

Theres quite a few posters in this section that live near you. Also we are trying to arrange a meet on 9th May which would give you a chance to come and meet some of us WLS peeps in person if you fancy it. ALthough the meet isnt local to you, people are travelling from your area so you may be able to car share(?) Im rubbish at links, but the thread is called north meets south in the WLS section of the forum.

Thanks for the bump :)

I am a little slack. I have rung up a few places and have an appt next week just for a chat and a feel about i guess.

Would love to join the meet if im not working! :) xx

Hi there im from the north west , but i have funding on the Nhs and im having my op at Salford Royal by Mr Ammori, as Mintball said it costs around 10 000 pounds privately and if you telephone his secetray she will give you all the information that you will need, he operates privately at the alexander hospital in stockport and at the spire hospital whalley range, he is supposed to be excellent I met him for the first time today and i was very impressed.

Good luck

helen p.s sorry about the spelling and grammer just finished work and im very tired
xxxxxx

Thanks for the reply even though you are tired :)

I am going to see if i can meet him .. or at least his secretary soon for a chat.

xx

Back