• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banding on NHS in the North West

Hi Linda , just wanted to send u my best wishes. You will get there in the end . Keep your chin up mate ...all will get sorted and its worth the wait . I know its easy for me to say cus i've had it done but were all here for u and i had a tough day today and it just shows we all need support whatever stage were at and were all in this together. Like you say keep yourself busy and just remember whatever anyone says ...were on your side !!!!!!!!!! Keep smiling :) xxxx

Hi Linda , just wanted to send u my best wishes. You will get there in the end . Keep your chin up mate ...all will get sorted and its worth the wait . I know its easy for me to say cus i've had it done but were all here for u and i had a tough day today and it just shows we all need support whatever stage were at and were all in this together. Like you say keep yourself busy and just remember whatever anyone says ...were on your side !!!!!!!!!! Keep smiling :) xxxx

Hi Lovebug thanks for your kind thoughts, I have spent all day cleaning and only just sat down now its very cathartic to clean I think lol....I hope your day got better keep smiling....Linda x ((hugs))

Hi Lovebug thanks for your kind thoughts, I have spent all day cleaning and only just sat down now its very cathartic to clean I think lol....I hope your day got better keep smiling....Linda x ((hugs))

Keys will be under my frontdoor mat just let yourself in !! :D xxx

Lovebug I am on my way.....lol xx

HC

I am new to all this not sure what your message says!! please translate lol....... xx

Hi Linda, stay positive, you WILL get there in the end x

Hi Deb, congrats on getting funding :)

Not speaking to the rest of you :p:rotflmao:

hi all, going tomorrow for my phychiatric appointment to see if all is ok for my finding fingers crossed!!
susie

Thanks Tammy, I am feeling a bit down today, I can manage better at home its when I go to work and look like a sack of spuds in what I wear. It does not help the majority of woman I work with are all very competitive and want to be the thinnest in the room. I smile and get on with it but its tough at times. Tell me more about your referral, did you have any underlying health problems etc. Did you have to attend the bariatric clinic in Hope at all? Sorry so many questions I feel the need to clutch at straws today...
Hi at the time of my referral i had some blood pressure issues but the main thing was i was so down about my weight and couldn't see how to fix it. hadn't tries slimming pills but had tried lypotrim and alkthough i could lose weight i piled back on. I was referred to the bariatric nurse at manchester royal infirmary (soz never been to Hope)who was great she weighed me and said as my BMI was over 40 i qualified for the band or bypass. due to my bing eating habits i felt the bypass was best for me. The whole process was alot easier than i expected. after my funding was approved i discovered i was type 2 diabetic too so even the more reason for it to be done.

I too stuggled with how i felt about myself and felt fat and frumpy! since having the bypass my confidence has grown and i am feeling alot more positive. Keep positive you are making huge steps and there is an end in sight! If i can help in anyway at all let me know and x

Hi Tammy, thanks for your reply. I am unsure how honest to be with them. I dont want them to think I a bit loopy but I do hate looking at myself, its takes me all my time to do my hair in the mirror. I also did not have a good relationship with my mother and now I have started to turn into her and it freaks me out, I look so much like the person I dont want to look like. Do you think that sounds crazy? I also want to know what it feels like to be desired again before I die. I have not had a relationship in 9 years and so want to have the feeling that someone really fancies me enough to want to kiss me that I fancy back. I am not saying a bloke is the be all and end all because I am happy living alone and been there and done that, I just would like a soul mate and cannot imagine that noone will ever look at me and not fancy me again....sorry does this all sound shallow.....Linda x

Hi Linda,
You are a beautiful person inside and out:hug99::hug99::hug99:, I know it's easy for me to say as I'm getting surgery on nhs but so will you,
You will one day meet your soulmate and they will love you for YOU.
You will get your surgery I know that, like I said before you are very much like me and you won't be knocked down and stay there but you will get up and fight and that's what the PCT want a fighter because to fight means that you really want it and you do.
Remember I'm here for you.
Take care
Trina xxxxxxx

Hi Linda,
You are a beautiful person inside and out:hug99::hug99::hug99:, I know it's easy for me to say as I'm getting surgery on nhs but so will you,
You will one day meet your soulmate and they will love you for YOU.
You will get your surgery I know that, like I said before you are very much like me and you won't be knocked down and stay there but you will get up and fight and that's what the PCT want a fighter because to fight means that you really want it and you do.
Remember I'm here for you.
Take care
Trina xxxxxxx

Ah Trina thank you so much for that you have put tears in my eyes....thank you so much for being a wonderful friend to a stranger....there should be more people in the world like you (((((Hugs)))) Linda x

Hi Tammy, thanks for your reply. I am unsure how honest to be with them. I dont want them to think I a bit loopy but I do hate looking at myself, its takes me all my time to do my hair in the mirror. I also did not have a good relationship with my mother and now I have started to turn into her and it freaks me out, I look so much like the person I dont want to look like. Do you think that sounds crazy? I also want to know what it feels like to be desired again before I die. I have not had a relationship in 9 years and so want to have the feeling that someone really fancies me enough to want to kiss me that I fancy back. I am not saying a bloke is the be all and end all because I am happy living alone and been there and done that, I just would like a soul mate and cannot imagine that noone will ever look at me and not fancy me again....sorry does this all sound shallow.....Linda x

Linda, that's not shallow hun, that's just endearingly honest!! I understand exactly where you are coming from. I would say be totally honest with them when you go, it can only help your case in the long run. Good luck xx

Thanks Ali, I will feel so much better after I have seen Dr New at least I will know what they think they can do...I fear I will walk in and they will laugh me out the room.....but at least I will get to pour my heart out and I will do now knowing that honesty is the best policy....Linda xx

charliegirl I only met him and dr bayron the once but cant even start to imagine either of them laughing at you. I got there early as my sister was going to salford so we car shared and whilst sat in the waiting roon all sorts of shapes and sizes went in and out of the room. Most came out smiling and one woman who i had sat there thinking if i were her size i could live with that came out crying. She then turned to the woman she was with and said can you believe that im having a band.

Good luck with your appointment
take care
hc

charliegirl I only met him and dr bayron the once but cant even start to imagine either of them laughing at you. I got there early as my sister was going to salford so we car shared and whilst sat in the waiting roon all sorts of shapes and sizes went in and out of the room. Most came out smiling and one woman who i had sat there thinking if i were her size i could live with that came out crying. She then turned to the woman she was with and said can you believe that im having a band.

take care
hc

Thanks HC thats good to know, I will be going on my own :( my appointment is at 2pm and I have to be at work for 6pm so I will more or less be going straight to work. Its good that they appear to judge everyone individually which is not like the lady at the PCT who I spoke she had me written off before she knew anything about me. I am calm but inpatient at the moment, I know when the time comes I will be calm under pressure, I always am when my backs to the wall so I have no worries for on the day.....I will of course come on line before work and let everyone know how I got on.....thanks for your continued advice...((Hugs)) Linda x

take care
hc

HC I noticed your face is sad are you ok?...Linda x

Back