• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Banding on NHS in the North West

Hi Tammy, thanks for your reply. I am unsure how honest to be with them. I dont want them to think I a bit loopy but I do hate looking at myself, its takes me all my time to do my hair in the mirror. I also did not have a good relationship with my mother and now I have started to turn into her and it freaks me out, I look so much like the person I dont want to look like. Do you think that sounds crazy? I also want to know what it feels like to be desired again before I die. I have not had a relationship in 9 years and so want to have the feeling that someone really fancies me enough to want to kiss me that I fancy back. I am not saying a bloke is the be all and end all because I am happy living alone and been there and done that, I just would like a soul mate and cannot imagine that noone will ever look at me and not fancy me again....sorry does this all sound shallow.....Linda x
Hi hun not shallow at all. you just want to be happy and you will be! They won't think you are loopy at all i cried at my initial appointment because when they asked me why i wanted the op i said so that i can like myself and see my children grow up! also said that i was sick of getting my backside stuck in those play tunnels at wacky warehouse!!! They are used to seeing people who are down and depressed and this process wil change you life for the better. Take small steps and you will learn to feel better about yourself honestly! if you ever fancy a chat let me know am here for you x

Hi Tammy Its good to know other people feel about themselves the way I feel about me. I have had three days off work and have only been across the door to go to the doctors and the supermarket, the rest of the time I have stayed indoors doing housework or trying to relax and read. I have lived in my pyjamas, I used to love buying clothes and people used to comment I had a lots, now I wear the same three pair of black pants with baggy tops for work and my pjyamas when not in work. I am always feeling hot and clammy and its not nice. I turned 50 in january, its early on in the new year and I know I wont want to celebrate due to how I feel. I have never had a party or even a celebration for any birthday that I have had and feel it will just pass the same as every other birthday I have had. It would, however, be the best birthday present if I got approval for the banding....so fingers crossed.....Linda x

Hi Tammy Its good to know other people feel about themselves the way I feel about me. I have had three days off work and have only been across the door to go to the doctors and the supermarket, the rest of the time I have stayed indoors doing housework or trying to relax and read. I have lived in my pyjamas, I used to love buying clothes and people used to comment I had a lots, now I wear the same three pair of black pants with baggy tops for work and my pjyamas when not in work. I am always feeling hot and clammy and its not nice. I turned 50 in january, its early on in the new year and I know I wont want to celebrate due to how I feel. I have never had a party or even a celebration for any birthday that I have had and feel it will just pass the same as every other birthday I have had. It would, however, be the best birthday present if I got approval for the banding....so fingers crossed.....Linda x
I will keep my fingers crossed for you! You should celebrate your birthday even if it is to sya goodbye to the old you and hello to the new happier you! keep me posted on your progress x

Just popping in to say hello so no-one forgets me....no news yet but excited about my appointment in august.....is anyone else like me on these hot days, clothing sticking, nothing fitting and sweating like mad, its a pity I cannot lose weight with sweating, mind you I dont want to lose any before my hospital appointment.....every bit helps....worried about going away next week though I have nothing comfortable and dont want to spoil it for my friend......I am going to buy some linen pants never had any before but here they are cool.....any suggestions to dress nice and summery (but comfortable and all my bits covered) on the cheap as my budget is a tight one (like my clothing) ...Hope everyone is doing well....Linda x

Hi Linda and anyone else reading !! Whatever your size / Age this look and colour suits most people add some more t-shirts whatever style u like . Just make sure the t shirt covers just below your tummy otherwise Linen Trousers are rather unforgiving !

Glamourous , Cool and Classy. Nothing on show and packs so easy. In fact if u just got the below items you would have a so many looks once u mix and match all the items and add a pair of Comfy jeans and a couple of Vests . all the accesories go with all colours ( not with the Kaftan tho unless its a plain one ) Will keep u cool. be good for going out shopping or just generally lazing around on Hols. Heres a few ideas or if you find places cheaper stick to this trend and u can't go wrong !! :)

Shoes from Barrats - £20 - in brown or Black Don't get ones too high they are killers ...low one's are so comfy !!

Pair of Pumps in Bronze or Brown or Gold if you like it ! - Barrats £10

Depending on if you like fashion these are a summer must have too !! I have Silver ones but Brown or Bronze is a good look too so comfy and easy to wear. Barrats again if your on a budget !

bm_collection_480.jpg
Linen Trousers these are from Bon Marche in white and Brown if u can afford it get both u'd live in them ! - £18 each (ignore the Waistcoat)
p2_x_ag360_x_large.jpg
You need a couple of Long tunic Tops get in Brown and Black . Simply be £ 15 each
13028.jpg
Asda - Up to 24 - £12 - Great with the Linen Trousers Brown or white . Cross over look is good for hiding a Tummy ...Shows a bit of cleavage but not too much .

13062.jpg
Linen Trs from Asda - £18 quid - would look nice with Brown or Black

p2_x_aw008_818_large.jpg
Brown Bag - is a must for summer ( peacocks and Primark do cheap cheap ones. look for ones with Tassles on them ....really in and Stylish!

image1xl.jpg

p2_x_ag169_x_large.jpg
Kaftans are great with jeans or Linen Trousers and can be worn over a cossie on the beach or pool- Simply be (sale) - £18

12268-t.jpg
Vest Top - up to size 24 - £2 from Asda ( lots of colours available ) look great with Wide Trousers. Just add beads and earrings to update the look and add your bag and Shoes. People think that by showing there arms it looks awful...( myth ! if your trousers are Wide look in fact your top half will balance out ) Show that skin !! Its summer !

Pair of Sunnies - Primark are the best for cheap ones (3 quid max ! ) and cover up those tired holiday eyes ( ie hangover !)

Ethnic jewellry to go with Black and Brown :
image1xl.jpg
image1xl.jpg

Primark are best for Cheap Jewellry

Last but not least:

This is Cheap but a good Bronzer!! Suits all faces and just a bit of lip gloss and good to go !
image1xl.jpg

Livvy!! Not just a make-up artist but a fashion stylist too - loving the ideas - when are you taking over from Gok and getting your own series girl??

lol Lovebug thats great thanks so much for the inspiration I am off shopping shortly now I have ideas...thanks for the tip about longer tops with linen trousers I would not of realised that until too late lol.... Linda x

lol Lovebug thats great thanks so much for the inspiration I am off shopping shortly now I have ideas...thanks for the tip about longer tops with linen trousers I would not of realised that until too late lol.... Linda x

Great ! Glad i could help :) just stick to basics and accessorise is the key !! speak soon xx

Livvy!! Not just a make-up artist but a fashion stylist too - loving the ideas - when are you taking over from Gok and getting your own series girl??

ha ha yeah got the camera's here now !! Bye Gok !!! he should do a look for larger sizes ....will tell him when he pops over for filming he he ! xxx

Hi Lovebug just back from the Matalan sale everything was half price and loads of stuff for my size I bought three pairs of trousers all in my size one button wont fasten, second wont go over my hips third fit perfectly! How can three pairs of the trousers in the same size vary so differently....no wonder I have a wardrobe full of clothes I cannot wear. Bought some tops as well, and yes two fit and two dont......going to return them to a different Matalan and see if they have anything different in store, I hate trying on in store though as I would have to see myself in a mirror and thats a no no.....Linda x

I'm back

Hi everyone I am back from my holidays, I have eaten and drank lovely polish beer as if it was my last holiday so that if or should I say when I get my banding I will have had a blow out. For once I did not feel quilty eating because I go to see Dr New at hope in two weeks so any extra will only help in the long run....I feel ready for the next stage in the fight.....its good to be home.......... xx:)

Glad you had a great time Linda. Good to have you back and posting x

AHHHHHHHHHHH

I want something good to happen!!!!!!!! I know I have my appointment at Hope on 22 August but I want to be a loser too!!!!

lol.............just being inpatient humour me xxx

wont be long now Linda, chin up chick, you will join us on the losing side soon xx

Thanks girls for your support, one week to go and I will be sat waiting in the clinic....no doubt I will be there as soon as they open.....feeling nervous, scared, sad, expectant, giddy, stressed...........oh and so much more.....my hopes could all be dashed in a little over 7 days.....lord knows what I will do then...what with selfish adult children, decorating, balancing bills, work and home I dont know where the strength will come from to fight for more.... :( xx

Back