• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Procedure for Sunderland

I have been in touch with the Hosptial and spoke to Mr Small's Secretary, aparently it is standard proceedure for bypass patients to have the Gastroscopy. Well now we all know! I have also asked that I be sent as a matter of course copies of correspondence sent to my GP.

see you all tomorrow night x x x x x

Hi everyone
I'm really sorry about this but i am not able to make it tomorrow night.
I have to be honest and fess up. I totally forgot that we had switched to an evening meet and agreed to have my brothers kids so he can go out. I don't like to let him down and the kids are excited about coming to stay.

Many apologies

hope you are all well

I am going to try my best but cant promise as I dont finish work til 6pm and its my dads birthday so were having a house party for him but I will try! xx

ok verity, if you can make it be lovely to meet you x

Sorry dont if im going to make it to, my son mathew is not well, hes a dads boy but when hes not well he wants mam.
will post later to say for defo
sorry
xxxx

hi lisa sorry to hear mathews not well i hope he feels better soon. speak later if he feels better.

liz x

cyas all at 7pm !!! :D

ok heather just on my way now xxx pickin up a couple of peeps on way x

hi everyone. Thought I would give a quick update of where I am etc.
Sorry I have not made the meetings but the medication I have been put on for the Rheumatoid Arthritis has made me ill...............very ill. I am still off sick from work and my mobility is crap. I am hoping to get to the meeting on the 22nd....all being well. I have my first appointment with Mr Small on the 26th so will hopefully find out if I am a potential candidate for surgery with all my ailments!!
Good news for Lesley and Jayne...well done and hopefully see you all soon. x

I have my dates for the "sleep investigations", I am going for an overnight stay at the Freeman on the 11th November. At least things are ticking along, checking off all the various tests I have to have. Who knows it might stop me from trying to go asleep on the A1, which is a good thing especially as I am driving at the time.... Thank god the kids know what I am like, how they put up with me on the phone for 45 minutes to keep me awake some nights is amazing. I always thought it was because I don't have caffine any more, it turns out it could be a lot more serious, well besides running the risk of crashing of course! So lets see what happens!

Hi
just wanting to ask is any1 bringing there oh with them on thursday
Thanks
XXXX

lisa your very welcome to bring your o/h on thursday x

if you cant get in u need to part the automatic doors with ya fingers to get in they open easily ok x

Hi everyone, it's really exciting to see people from the same area going through the same thing as me!
I have posted a thread this morning but thought i'm probably just as well asking you lovely lot what you think!

I was referred for a gastric band from my GP 8 weeks ago and have just received the consultation appointment this morning. It is the 11th of November at Sunderland.
I am really excited but also really nervous. I have my heart set on this procedure now and am petrified they may refuse me.
Could anyone tell me what is discussed at the consulatation? Do they tell you on the day if you are suitable and if so what happens from there?

Sorry to bombard you with questions you've probably answered a million times before!
To give you a bit background, i'm 26 years old, have a BMI of 41 and feel like my weight is the one thing that controls my life. I don't go out with my friends anymore, my husband and i are drifting apart due to my lack of confidence and i just feel like i am getting nowhere. I've tried weight watchers, slimming world, reductil, slimming tablets off a 'private doctor(!)' called phentermine (these actually worked for the first 3 months or so, cost a bomb too, but the effects soon wore off and it all came piling back on) and i am now at a loss as to what to do next.
:(

Hi everyone, it's really exciting to see people from the same area going through the same thing as me!
I have posted a thread this morning but thought i'm probably just as well asking you lovely lot what you think!

I was referred for a gastric band from my GP 8 weeks ago and have just received the consultation appointment this morning. It is the 11th of November at Sunderland.

hi vicky, the 1st apointment is a group seminar at the hospital where you go in as group with other new patients and the surgeon talks through all the different procedures and the pathway to getting surgery and explains how they do things, the dietician also chats to the group.
I am really excited but also really nervous. I have my heart set on this procedure now and am petrified they may refuse me.
Could anyone tell me what is discussed at the consulatation? Do they tell you on the day if you are suitable and if so what happens from there?

you wont be told at the group seminar if your suitable as a individual appointment will sent out after then.

Sorry to bombard you with questions you've probably answered a million times before!
To give you a bit background, i'm 26 years old, have a BMI of 41 and feel like my weight is the one thing that controls my life. I don't go out with my friends anymore, my husband and i are drifting apart due to my lack of confidence and i just feel like i am getting nowhere. I've tried weight watchers, slimming world, reductil, slimming tablets off a 'private doctor(!)' called phentermine (these actually worked for the first 3 months or so, cost a bomb too, but the effects soon wore off and it all came piling back on) and i am now at a loss as to what to do next.
:(

we have a patient led support group this thursday at the hospital if you would like to join us, its patients thats been done or waiting to be done at sunderland, we meet once a month for a coffee and a chat and we are all very freindly. you are most welcome to join us on thursday and you can ask as many questions as you like to other patients. we meet at 6pm in the education centre if you can make it.

liz x

Back