• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein bars

Sarahmaria

Can anyone recommend any good protein bars to have for breakfast? I always eat breakfast on the go and so far have been trying protein shakes but they make me really nauseated!

Sm

Xx

I tried some of the men's fitness bars in asda cant recall its name but was high in protein did it in chocolate and fruit and nut think it was on special offer
only got as a try out

I think Atkins ones are OK. I tried the hazelnut one. Still a bit sickly so could only eat half at a time.
I also bought a diet one from Holland and Barrett.beware most protein bars are for body builders and have high calorie, high carb or caffeine.

Thanks guys!

Xx

The atkins choc mint bar is gorgeous and it's low carb and is a dieters bar with 15g of protein. I have these as a breakfast or a snak. They are a bit pricey though but worth every penny if you are low carbing

I use atkins bars for lunch times at work. I like the chocolate brownie, which has a bit of crunch in it, and also the chocolate decadence bar. they are low in sugar and have 15 and 18 g protein in each. One of those is enough for me for midday.

Great. Myst give them a go!

Sm

Xx

Try Nature Valley protein bars - peanut and chocolate is delicious and they're half price in Morrisons this week -£1.30 ish for a box of 5 - 140 cals and 8.5g protein xxx

Aah be warned,bought a job lot of Atkins bars last night, just had one as in a rush and its NOT high protein, delicious but about the same value as a Twix :/

Read the labels, doh....

The high protein Atkins bars are the ADVANTAGE bars they are all low carb but some ranges don't have particularly high protein levels ;-)

Yes noticed the Atkins coconut bar does not have much protein (well, not as much of others anyway). They are on offer at superdrug right now.

Ah! They are the INDULGENCE range. Still brilliant for low carvers. I would opt for an indulgence bar before a chocolate bar as they don't mess with your blood sugar and cause cravings. I eat the chocolate crisp bar from this range

There are a few protein bar recipes knocking around the tinternet. I wonder if anyone has tried / can recommend one?

Back