• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Bombs...

Pookiedoodle

Totally in love with Mika
Hello there everyone.

I have just been to the health food shop and bought some protein bombs.

The woman in the shop was utterly useless, I knew I'd get better advice on here.

So, each 'delicious chewable flavoured lozenge' contains 2000mg of protein. But I have no idea how much this is in relation to my RDA.

Any of you have a clue how many it would be a good idea to [STRIKE]pull hideous faces while I try my best to chew on, cos oh my god they taste vile[/STRIKE] take per day?

xx

2000mg is equal to 2g of protein. So not much of a bomb I'm afraid! You should be aiming for atleast 60g of protein a day, ideally more like 80g.

Oh my goodness, that's loads!!!!!

I'll never fit in that many a day.

Oh well, I suppose every little helps.

Thanks very much Shelley

xx

you would have been better getting powder (easy to say now sorry) each full scoop is something like 18g protien maybe next time.
Enjoy your bombs

I'm gonna take them back tomorrow and blame it on the crap assistant.

What powder is this then Julie? The great big tubs of whey powder?
xx

holland and barret special offer £12.50 big tubs

I have never heard of the "bombs" but grateful for the warnings lol. I could do with some advice on the best powders that have no taste to them if anyone has any answers. Thanks in advance xx

Hi Gaynor

Hope this helps, my OH gets unflavoured protein powder from myprotein.

Here is a link to the website:

myprotein.co.uk - The Leading Online Manufacturer & Supplier of Sports and Nutritional Supplements

He gets the impact whey isolate, its reasonably priced, reasonably low in cals and low fat. He mixes it with coffee.

Maz x

I looked-up the bombs online and they suggest that consume 5-10 per day up to a maximum of 15 per day! SO if they taste yuck I doubt they will do you much good.

Nutrisport Protein Bombs

But on the other hand, if you like the flavours they could be very handy to throw in a hand bag or carry while travelling.

Nic;)

They are absolutely vile.
they start off chalky & crumbly, but quickly turn all gummy and stick in your teeth.
I'm not really selling them am I!!
xx

hi sorry didnt get back sooner yes big tubs of whey protien mix with milk i really like them. I brought natural one coz you can add flavour i add coco or vanilla think you can also put in soups ect.

Good luck

Julie,

when you say you add coco or vanilla, what sort of cocoa? I didn't think anything of it was suitable for bypassers?

Thanks
Debra

I use options hot choc, it is lovely, skinny cow makes one too that is good. Also you can buy unsweetened cocoa for baking & add a sweetner.

Nic:p

Hi Gaynor

Hope this helps, my OH gets unflavoured protein powder from myprotein.

Here is a link to the website:

myprotein.co.uk - The Leading Online Manufacturer & Supplier of Sports and Nutritional Supplements

He gets the impact whey isolate, its reasonably priced, reasonably low in cals and low fat. He mixes it with coffee.

Maz x

Thanks Maz. I'm not getting any where near enough protein at the minute as I'm not able to get anything down so I'll order some and hope it goes down in my coffeexxx

Nic, thanks again for info..invaluble as usual. Just a question though, I can't find unsweetened cocoa, where do you get yours?

Gaynor, I was struggling with protein and under advise bought some whey protein powder and for the last week I've had some made into a shake with milk for breakfast, I haven't managed to drink the full shake yet but guess i'm still getting more protein now. I don't know if theres any connection but I lost 7lbs this week!!!

This is going to sound really dumb, but I drink my coffee black. If I added the unflavoured protein powder to my coffee, would it taste ok (ie - not as if it had milk in it!):hmm: xx

Back