• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PROTEIN DRINKS

lindy62

Dnt know if your members know this, but thought i would mention it anyway. Thoere's a site called True Protein that does a protein drink which is a full meal replacement for weight loss surgery. I dont know if it has got the right amount of carbs, fats, ect, but am sure one of the members here can check it out to see and let us know, if its ok or if its just the same as other protein drinks but costs more. I look forward to your replies and apologise if your members already know

lindy62

Not to be pernickety, but could you perhaps put a link on here so we can go directly to it too check it out?

SORRY, my computer playing up, i tried, but just put in True Protein, log on to products, then protein, then scroll down, sorry dont know whats wrong with my computer, i think ive worn it out by being on here 24 7

lindy62

thanks for that debs, my computer playing up and i could not get the links to transfer over so thanks for that

lindy62

Am i asking too much to want a bit of fibre in it too? pmsl, i know we can't have it all xx

Looking at the stats I think I'll stick with Impact Whey from Myprotein.

24g of protein in the Impact compared to 17g per 30g mix.

Impact Whey Protein from Myprotein

Per 30g:
Energy: 118.0Kcal
Energy: 497.0kJ
Protein (dry basis): 24.6g
Protein (as-is): 23.6g
Fat: 2.1g
Carbohydrates: 1.8g
Calcium: 150.0mg
Cholesterol: 0.6mg

I swear by protein drinks but do try to get as much of your protein as you can from food - the drinks are great when you can't eat in the early stages or are topping up - just remember to include the calories esp if you are making them with milk.

Back