• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein rich non milk recipies required!

clar01

Hi guys

I'm 4 days post op and seem to be dumping mildly on milk, I'm fine with soups and boxful but really want to make sure I get enough protein.

Any recipes for protein rich soups or other non milky things for me whilst I am on the liquid phase?

Xxx

penelope1008

Plain protein powder a scoop added & blended with your soups etc is a great help whether you're sensitive to milk or not. I use holland & barrats plain protein powder. It's flavourless so can be used in savoury & things like yoghurt or stewed fruits etc.
I used it in all my homemade or brought soups post op as well as homemade smoothies, I to developed a temporary sensitivity to milk post op but it lasted only a few weeks, soya or rice milk may suit you or even goats milk as well may all be worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

clar01

Thanks Penelope, I'll send the hubby to Holland and Barratt today, how much is it?
I'm hoping this milk thing is only temporary.
Husband is going to make me some homemade chicken soup later which he will liquidise and sieve.
Not fancying soup or Bovril for brekky but will just have to grin and bare it! Might try some other milk substitutes too.
X

penelope1008

About £15-20 I think but it lasts ages. What about soya yoghurt or puréed fruit with some protein powder mixed in. Or if you can cope with other types of milk a smoothie, a quarter cup of fresh, frozen or drained tinned fruit ( in juice), with a quarter cup each of milk & plain yoghurt (natural, greek, goats, sheep's or soya whatever you fancy or can stomach) plus a scoop of powder all blitzed together. Makes a beautiful smoothie frozen fruit makes it quite thick for some reason. Plus it lets you chose a flavour you like rather than the high sugar commercial ones, yes if you work it out it's high in sugar but natural fruit sugars which most of us cope with as opposed to added sugars. For extra fibre add a little oat bran of you like. You can add some low options powder to a plain mix for a chocolate fix.
Soon you'll be on things like sloppy wheatabix etc. good luck hope the powder helps & your pouch settles soon.

Yvessa

Can I suggest you try a lactose free milk as many people struggle with lactose initially. There is the soya milks or lactofree which is normal milk without the lactose.

Big an Bouncy

Plenty of lentils in your soups and blitz,peanut butter,lightly boiled eggs mashed with a little butter.

BikerBabe65

Plain protein powder a scoop added & blended with your soups etc is a great help whether you're sensitive to milk or not. I use holland & barrats plain protein powder. It's flavourless so can be used in savoury & things like yoghurt or stewed fruits etc.
I used it in all my homemade or brought soups post op as well as homemade smoothies, I to developed a temporary sensitivity to milk post op but it lasted only a few weeks, soya or rice milk may suit you or even goats milk as well may all be worth a try.

Hi Penelope, the protein you mention is it the Egg & milk powder?