• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein Shakes.

Mrs Quiggle

I've just come back from Costco and brought an enormous tub of strawberry cream protein pwd. There are 67 servings. It doesn't taste fantastic but is drinkable. Think it needs a couple of ice cubes or water from the fridge. It's got 24g of protein per serving and I thought I could add it to my Fage too for breakast. It cost £29.99 which I didn't think was too bad, was it.

Kate x

I get the ready made shakes from tesco at £1.99 they are quite nice and i HATE mlk shakes!! 27gm protein i have 1/2 a can a day and im sure it helps, not had any for 2 days and boy have i felt tired :(

i found the ready made ones from tesco to high in suger went right through me, and that was with ice cubes and blitzing it, that was the other day and mine wasnt in a can it was in a plastic bottle fruity strewberry had about a third of it may give it another go in a coulple of weeks, but that powderd milk has a lot of protine in. xxx

That price is really reasonable, will last over two months and works out to 44p a serving. I have a big bag of whey protein which im half way through, i have to hold my nose to drink it though :( so only use minimum milk to mix it with.
Kim

Maxi tone protein shakes are 'drinkable' too. I think they could do with sweetner in them though.

They have some for toning and some for weight loss :)

I got a vanilla protein powder from Sainsbury's (can't remember the brand) and have used it in the occasional shake but tend to mix it with Birds custard powder to make a protein custard with milk and sweetener and sometimes have it cold with banana for breakfast. It does have a slight powdery taste but is palatable :)

I've just added half a scoop to my Greek yogurt for supper and it doesn't taste bad at all. Well protein packed cause the yogurt has quite a bit in it already.

Kim if you want a tub of this (it's a huge tub) let me know and I'll get you one, or you can come with me and get one. Unless of course you have a costco card yourself.

Kate x

Back