• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

protein powders

christine77

help - what exactly is a whey protein powder

i have been reading my return to slender book and she uses protein powders in a few of her recipies

are we recomended to use these after surgery and where do i get them from ? are they worth buying is my next question cos i have found one on the internet but its £36 !!!

you can get whey protein powder cheaper than that hun, apparantly we can digest whey protein easier than others, my protein do some cheap ones, just google it and it will come up.good luck

hi there,

I had my op on 20th sept,and since then because Im only on liquids Ive been using protein powder to add to all my soups.
If you go to holland and barratt theres lots of choice there,but Ive seen one Im going to buy from boots.
Its the sanatogen brand and its a plain powder which u can add to allsorts of things.
Its 8.99 a box..hope this helps x

You dont NEED to use it but it really helps boost your protein intake if you are finding it hard to get it all in. I dont like fortified milk on its own so its nice to have the added flavouring and protein. They also make nice icecreams. Unflavoured can be added to foods to up the protein. You can also bake with it. It is expensive though.

Back