• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein......

I use the Impact Whey Protein from there :)

1 big tub has lasted me ever since i got it... cos they are rancid.

I got more tha enough protein from my diet, but I can understand why some people need it in the early days, or in the latter days if they are doing a lot of exersice.

.x.

So do I... and I liked all the sample flavours I tried fom MyProtein.

Rose's posted me the link & my sample satchets (in 6 different scrummy sounding flavours) arrived today! I thought it wise to try out all the flavours & see what I liked before I fork out for a big tub in one flavour. I'm not planning on relying on them, but handy to have in if I can't eat much on any particular day.

Just on the flip side of this Emma i have never used protein shakes as my surgeon doesn't advocate the need for them. He believes you should be able once your pouch is established to get enough protein from food. So far all my levels are fine so worth checking what your team advise cause i know they aren't the easiest things to take x

There is actually another benefit to using protein drinks rather than just for the extra protein content as they (some) also contain amino acids which are essential to the human body, some of which we are unable to manufacture ourselves so need to come from our diet.

This is very important for those who struggle to eat meat & dairy products, and in particular for vegans/vegetarians. As well as helping to repair & build muscle tissue and boost the immune system, they also play an important role in mental health and have lots of other vital functions too.

I would have thought, although I've not yet looked into it properly, nor spoken to the dietician, if our bodies are unable to absorb essential vitamins/minerals from food we eat after a bypass then it's possible we can't absorb essential amino acids either. Vitamin & mineral pills don't contain any amino acids so would need additional supplements.

Back