• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protein

Raynebubble

The protein has all the vitamins and minerals we need to survive.. also protein helps us to shift the weight whereas carbs make us gain the weight... so therefore that why we have protein first, then veg then carbs xx

millyrhys

Is it really possible to do protein rather than carbs on puréed stage ? I don't seem to be having protein in anything other than milk really

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

newcy

You also need the protein to reduce muscle loss during the rapid weight loss process x

suzie290304

millyrhys said:
Is it really possible to do protein rather than carbs on puréed stage ? I don't seem to be having protein in anything other than milk really

I got most of mine from milk and cheese as I found meat didn't puree well for me x

Mrs Quiggle

Homemade chicken soups are fab for protein and light philly cheese, peanut butter, protein shakes. I love porridge and when I was on puree I had ready brek made with milk and a couple of teaspoons of extra milk pwd like Marvel. 0% fat Total Greek yogurt is also great for protein, great any time of day. Drink plenty of milky drinks. Pureed baked beans with grated cheese are yummy.

Kate x

millyrhys

Thanks all x I've noticed grated cheese isn't good for me just yet, have had the garlic Philly a bit , oh I love peanut butter what could I hve that with ? Oh next week can have it on cracker breads. I drink 3-4 300ml milky coffees a day lol

angelica13

Protein is what your body needs to repair itself too. It uses protein to repair and build cells.

x

Raynebubble

Also i forgot to mention lack of protein can lead to hair loss. on the pureed stage... you can have chicken, mince...fish, eggs...aslong as they are mushed down t runy with lots of stock or gravy. xx

witchingmoon

My hospital want me to have protein, carbs then veg. I was told to have carbs at every meal.
I was told protein helps us with hair loss and reduces musel loss.
I found that stage hard I found milk and fromage fraise was all the protein I could get in x

millyrhys

I can't have eggs till next week can't wait lol only one more week of slop I can't stand the thought of puréed meat had a bit of mince today with veg x

Bellydancer57

Don't forget Good protein sources such as lentils, beans & soya.

witchingmoon

I can't have eggs till next week can't wait lol only one more week of slop I can't stand the thought of puréed meat had a bit of mince today with veg x

I was so happy to have egg but have found egg whites don't like me :(

London-Girl

This might sound a bit odd, but when it got to the stage of being able to have puree foods I tried the pureed baby food. I can hear you laughing :) but it’s not as bad as it sounds. It helped with my intake of fruit, didn’t try the veg/meat ones, but fruit was one thing I missed having and really there is a limit to mashed banana.

Jcoco

Try Protein shakes. I know we need it for building muscle and burning fat but the main reason I've upped my protein intake is so that I dont lose my hair.

Jcoco

This might sound a bit odd, but when it got to the stage of being able to have puree foods I tried the pureed baby food. I can hear you laughing :) but it’s not as bad as it sounds. It helped with my intake of fruit, didn’t try the veg/meat ones, but fruit was one thing I missed having and really there is a limit to mashed banana.

You're not alone I did baby food as well.

angiemason

i have at least one slim fast a day that has protein and added vitamins xx i also have ovaltine at night and put extra dried milk in for more protein :) have you tried no added sugar angel delight xx

soph3

Hi, can I asK which baby food you ate on the puréed stage? I'm trying to buy in stuff that I'll need after surgery!
Thanks x