• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Protien. .and stuff we dont understand

Jackiesfatplan

Hello im writing this thread to us all i hope that new and old members add theres suggestions to us pre oppers and post oppers ...im pre opp and confused about protien. ..what is this magical thing that helps us heal after opp also helps with a steady safe weight loss .. So first off all can anyone tell me where is protien found

Sarnie

Meat, poultry, beans, lentils, nuts, whey protein, corned beef, peanut butter and other nut butters, milk, yoghurt, fish, cheese.
You need it to stop your muscles wasting away, post oppers can eat so little that they need to concentrate on protein to stop the muscles wasting, that's why exercise is also important post op x

Last edited:

Jackiesfatplan

Has anyone got any high protien recipes that we could all share at diffrent parts of ur journey ...what is in these protien shakes u could make to ur own liking as some ive read are bit to high sugar ( risk of dumping ) pre bought so what did all u guy and girls use as ur protien boost in the early days

Sarnie

Is all meat got protien in which is best or are all same protien contents
I was editing it Jackie with more info. Yes all meat, some higher than others, chicken is probably the best as its also lean meat, non oily fish is also good. Oily fish is good for Omega 3, which keeps your heart healthy. X

Last edited:

Sarnie

Has anyone got any high protien recipes that we could all share at diffrent parts of ur journey ...what is in these protien shakes u could make to ur own liking as some ive read are bit to high sugar ( risk of dumping ) pre bought so what did all u guy and girls use as ur protien boost in the early days
They use whey powder in protein shakes. You do have to watch the carb content in some of them though as they are high in sugar. Pea protein in low in carbs. Some of them don't taste so good or have a weird texture, I found its trial and error to find one that suits you. You are better getting your protein from real food whenever possible, but whey is good as a substitute x

Last edited:

MariaMaria83

I can post a pic of the pages from my sw book with all the P foods listed if that helps at all?
There’s also lots of recipes on the sw website that only uses SP foods ‘Speed’ (fruit/veg) and ‘Protein,’ everything from soups that I don’t think would need blending to bologneses and cottage pies could be blended or mashed? I can post some recipes if anyone’s interested? x

Jackiesfatplan

I can post a pic of the pages from my sw book with all the P foods listed if that helps at all?
There’s also lots of recipes on the sw website that only uses SP foods ‘Speed’ (fruit/veg) and ‘Protein,’ everything from soups that I don’t think would need blending to bologneses and cottage pies could be blended or mashed? I can post some recipes if anyone’s interested? x
Yes thats what i was hoping for any info in the p word is useful thanks maria

Jackiesfatplan

Meat, poultry, beans, lentils, nuts, whey protein, corned beef, peanut butter and other nut butters, milk, yoghurt, fish, cheese.
You need it to stop your muscles wasting away, post oppers can eat so little that they need to concentrate on protein to stop the muscles wasting, that's why exercise is also important post op x
Very informative sandra do u have any high protien favorite drinks/meals you would like to share do u follow the protien first rule pre opp or are u more cals and carbs like myself

slimkim

Just posting a quick comment so this will show up on my watched threads list.

Everytime I've dieted as an adult I've focused on protein. This is because I've always focused on muscle retention and not just being flabby and skinny.

You can get the most complete form from animal products and some veg like soya are high in it. Milk is great and that's how they make whey protein powder. It's easy to absorb and most serious weight lifters use it as a result.

Dieticians tend to tell overweight people to stay away from whey as it's not as filling as solid food so then you end up eating more calories. For wls people I think it's neither here or there as we have such little space to consume stuff and liquids tend to be easier to get in I think it's important to get the protein the best way you can get it.

J

Jonicorn

Thanks for posting this Jackie, I'm going to be taking note as the Macro's are all confusing to me, I tend to only look at Calories xx

MariaMaria83

Attachments

• 082CA1F0-B945-4823-97BB-9D10E7AAF7D8.jpeg
    082CA1F0-B945-4823-97BB-9D10E7AAF7D8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • D3D9320E-EA96-4E50-939E-E738A6095222.jpeg
    D3D9320E-EA96-4E50-939E-E738A6095222.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 8B434F56-C46F-468D-A966-C1644777BBB5.jpeg
    8B434F56-C46F-468D-A966-C1644777BBB5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • AA7121C4-4906-4989-97BA-6348C72A5E59.jpeg
    AA7121C4-4906-4989-97BA-6348C72A5E59.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 8F4C3544-3A39-4E98-86A8-8213495AE6E5.jpeg
    8F4C3544-3A39-4E98-86A8-8213495AE6E5.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 171E498A-98E6-476A-809F-93DE73AFB2BE.jpeg
    171E498A-98E6-476A-809F-93DE73AFB2BE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

Jackiesfatplan

Thanks for posting this Jackie, I'm going to be taking note as the Macro's are all confusing to me, I tend to only look at Calories xx
Me too im very confused about it i understand the need for it but where to find it how to get the best from it is a minefield hopefully we will be experts by time this thread gets going ..