• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Psychologist and dietician

babybaby

Hi. I have my dietician and psychologist appointment on Thursday. I was wondering will the be weighing me on these sessions? Or is it just the nurse and consultant that do that. I ask because I have just returned from holiday and gained a few pounds of the one stone I lost at the first nurse appointment due to over indulgence and was hoping to have another loss before my next weigh in. Thanks in advance

Hiya. My hospital weigh me at every visit as soon as I arrive regardless of who I am seeing. That recently included the dietitian x

oh right thanks. I hope they don't think i'm not being serious about this if i've gained a few pounds since last time :(
Will remember to dress light too if thats the case. x

I get weighed every time and sometimes twice on the same day. If you be good from now you might take of a pound or so. My hospital also takes into consideration the food or water we have eaten that day.

Hi care ear. I think it's only a pound or two mainly of water weight. Your right if I'm careful I can get down again x

I never got weighed by the psychologist or the dietician, I suppose like so many things to do with wls it's all down to the individual provider.

Get some Green Tea its disgusting to drink but great for water retention, hope all goes well. xx

Green tea good idea... Too much water retention at the moment. Hopefully they'll consider that as I still have a loss since original. I'm with north Tyneside, rake lane xxx

I never got weighed by the psychologist or the dietician, I suppose like so many things to do with wls it's all down to the individual provider.

They don't actually weigh me, there is a nurse that pounces on you every time you enter the doors. Wouldn't surprise me if she weighed people accompanying the actual patient lol.

Ok just had psychologist appointment and didn't get weighed. Although she did ask how much I weighed so I told her as I weighed on my home scales but said it can be a bit temperamental. Have appt with dietitian this afternoon still going to wear light clothes in case I get weighed. I was surprised to hear that My case had been discussed at the mdt meeting: didn't realise my case was special in any way :-S but I will be seeing her for sessions until my surgery which I think is good as I said I could do with any help they can offer me

Hi EJFez. I did get weighed with the dietitian but it was not 2 pounds gain and she didn't really think much of it or say much. Just gave me a goal to try and lose so by time of surgery which I think I can do and seems reasonable. I am seeing psychologist again in a few weeks and consultant on 11th feb. so no I don't have my surgery date yet. I'm hoping I'll get a date soon after I meet the consultant. But I'm not too sure the dietitian seemed to think that they might wait until I have a few more sessions with the psychologist wherease the psychologist told me she thought I would be a perfect candidate for surgery wi my age and as apparently I'm not that big compared to others and don't have ther medical conditions. I kinda put myself forward for the CBT as I said I was willing to take any help provided if it'll help me in the long run. Although she didn't seem to concerned that I had any issues. But now I'm hoping this will not delay the surgery date and will be done more in conjunction while I wait for surgery. I guess I'll find out by mid feb. what about u have u got your date yet? Xx

It's fine. I just pushed on and lost weight every time they asked me to do so. Referred in June so 7 months in total. He will give you a date at your appt if you have done all that he has asked. Good luck and shout up if you need anything. It's also worth going to the rake lane support group which is the 19th feb in room 6&7. Simon Monkhouse ( woodcocks registrar ) is the guest speaker and they are people at every stage to help you.

Back