• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pulverising Plateaus and Stomping through Stalls!

Neen

WLS Moderator
Arghhh!!!! Milestone for a fair few of us this week perhaps!

I have been trying to get safely under 16 stone ALL of last flipping year...

The furthest down I got was 15 st 9 which is what my ticker is stuck at (I am not adjusting it back heavier as I don't intend to put up with my regain!)

If we can help each other crack this in the next couple weeks it will be a tremendous achievement and just will prove that we do have it within us to smash through old barriers and motor on down through the next milestone stone!!!

I am nervous that I might be the only one of us not to do it...specially after the rubbish effort I made last year...however,

Knowing we are in it together makes me want to step out of the comfort zone a little more than I would normally so I don't let you down.

So despite stress and being tired and PMT or whatever other rubbish life chucks at me ...this week I want to do everything I can to cross the line with you xxxxx
Hugs and good luck all of us !!;)

Last edited:

BlueDiamond

Its a gr8 post as always NeeN , each stone barrier I break whilst I am in the stone I am trying too lose It feels like I been 11 something for ages but in reality I haven't at all. The lowest I ever got down too b4 wls was 12st 9lbs althought I did gain and went up too 17 & half it was a gr8 sense of achievment once I had broken the 12st 9lbs barrier again , well I say broken it more like smashed it really LoL. only a couple of more pounds too go and I will be in the 10 stone bracket, I luv this banding malarky soooooo chuffin much it has turned my life around, no more asthma , no more high bp. I can actually walk and talk on the fone at the same time without ppl asking me if I am running ( me run,lol) even when I dont see some of my friends from one month too the next they always say too me " are u slimming" and I say NO, I know strange you might think , but I tell them I have adapted my life and follow and healthy eating plan. - Thanks for reading - All the best - Me Julie xx

Cazraline

BlueDiamond said:
Its a gr8 post as always NeeN , each stone barrier I break whilst I am in the stone I am trying too lose It feels like I been 11 something for ages but in reality I haven't at all. The lowest I ever got down too b4 wls was 12st 9lbs althought I did gain and went up too 17 & half it was a gr8 sense of achievment once I had broken the 12st 9lbs barrier again , well I say broken it more like smashed it really LoL. only a couple of more pounds too go and I will be in the 10 stone bracket, I luv this banding malarky soooooo chuffin much it has turned my life around, no more asthma , no more high bp. I can actually walk and talk on the fone at the same time without ppl asking me if I am running ( me run,lol) even when I dont see some of my friends from one month too the next they always say too me " are u slimming" and I say NO, I know strange you might think , but I tell them I have adapted my life and follow and healthy eating plan. - Thanks for reading - All the best - Me Julie xx

That's so good to read! I can't wait to get near target! I know it will be a long time but it's so nice to read positive band stories! Makes me feel so positive

tranquil_butterfly

Oh Nooooooo!!! Aunt Flo (or Aunt Irma , if you watch the IT Crowd :) ) has arrived today :( Yikes...I hope it doesn't ruin my weigh in ...... Panic!!!!

Do not panic! If you know it impacts on your weight loss then you will know what is coming - and it will go once Aunt Flo has gone.

tranquil x

Neen

WLS Moderator
I have always had PMT scupper my efforts in the past...usually cos I have given in to being morose and crumbled in the face of mad cravings for very very naughty things ....and / or I have had such nasty ones I haven't felt well enough to exercise...the old curl up in a ball mentality!

I fully intend to stick to my calories this week though, going for very samey stuff to limit prep time ...and do some more kettle bell swings today because my thighs are crazy stiff after yesterday!

hope2bthina

I'm with you, i wanted to get into the 15's for soo long. Everytime i have dieted well i have gone form 19 stones to 16..but could never get under 16 stones not even 15.13.5!!.

Well now i'm in the 15's i can't get out of it...i want to see 14.8 on the scales by the end of April!!! there you go i've said it now. Fill on the 7th so hoping that helps me xx

Neen

WLS Moderator
We're gonna get us there!!!
Going to the RC club is definately going to help you...
it's weird getting to a new milestone...I can't imagine how it's going to feel to see a new number.
I can barely remember being slim now , It wasn't for long unfortunately but it's such a hazy memory.
The worst part is no pics I can find to remind me. Maybe if I had taken a few I would more not have let myself get so big :( I remember not thinking it mattered as it didn't occur to me it would go back on...kids today eh?

When I slimmed down initially I was in my early 20's..heaviest weight was 13 stone and I got pills (dubious pills) from a travelling clinic...(I found out later they were full of amphetamines!!!!!)
I lost loads of weight and got to 8 stone 13...felt awesome and was in a size 10/12
then didn't change my eating habits, it crept back ...stopped looking in full length mirrors and one day I realised I was a 26 stone recluse.

Yeah...I am dying to get under that milestone...but I can't imagine how it is going to feel..

tranquil_butterfly

They are very effective, a personal trainer buddy of mine swears by them.
Be careful not to get one too heavy , max 4 or 6 kg is enough.
Also it is really important to get the stance for the swings right so you don't hurt yourself.

I only have a small space to do any exercise in as we live in a flat - need to be careful I do not end up swinging them into the TV:D.

tranquil x