• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pulverising Plateaus and Stomping through Stalls!

Thanks Neen, You are so lovely and helpfull. I can definately do the walking and water and I will try not to eat too much rubbish or carbs. I have had a bit of a chat with my mum today though and told her about my constant weighing of myself and I got a bit upset. Said I wished I never had to eat againand I was very frustrated. Mum was great and said I should not feel pressured and should just take my time. She said she thought I looked fantastic and she was proud of my weight loss so far. It was just what I wanted to hear. She is taking my scales off me and wants me to "chill out and stop worrying". So that is what I am going to do. I am not going to use it as an excuse to eat anything, but will just concentrate on a healthy diet and get my fills and hope thay work.

So no weigh in for the me on Saturday due to scale obsession. he he silly me.

Leesh x

I think that's more healthy for you, plus you can just get some cheap jeans from somewhere like matalan in the next size down from your current one to try on once a week to measure progress if you want to xxxx
Anything I can do to help just holler x

Dear Leesh ,
Your mum sounds wonderful! what a great support to you. I understand how you feel , i STUPIDLY had duromin prescribed by a private doctor years ago , i lost weight and became obsessive , weighing in after i had a wee!! it got ridiculous, luckily i had support ,and everyone saw it except for me , I ended up throwing my scales in a skip, and the obsession stopped there and then ... You can do it !Best of luck xxxx

***I should note that duromin made me extremely ill, and could have cost me my life , i belive it is illegal now, Its hell. AND the weight came straight back as soon as i stopped - pointless,expensive,VERY dangerous!***

Well done Sarah!

Hi Clare,

Thats the main advantage for me coming to this site. Getting support from people who genuinly understand. I also got slimming pills from private doctor when I was about 16! I lost all my weight and felt wonderfull but piled it all on plus more.

I think most of us have tried everything. I can honestly now say that I have terrible problems with food and emotional eating, compulsive weighing etc but I think being able to say that is a step forwards for me.

Baby steps.

By the way I got terribly drunk last night at a friends 30th night out and tried to eat a curry. Was obviously not taking care of how I was eating and for the first time ever thought I was going to throw up in front of everyone. It just felt stuck! was awfull. I know there are not many drinkers on here but just a word of warning for those that do. I dont think alcohol and food are a very good mix anymore. Was a bit scary. I feel pretty awfull today too so serves me right. The youngest was up at 6am! I dont think alcohol and children mix very well either. Oh well! still living and learning.

Ooohh Leesh - feeling your pain. Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way - but you will not be trying that again in a hurry I bet.

tranquil x

Thanks TB, it was awfull, my mouth just started watering like I was going to be sick and I got a real pain in my chest like if you have eaten say a load of dry bread (before op) and it is stuck. truly horrible.

x

Found this which I thought was interesting..I think I'm quite a few of these !!

Type 1. Dulling The Pain With The Food Trance.

If you get really hungry when you feel angry, depressed, anxious, bored, or lonely, you suffer from Type 1 emotional hunger, and you use food to dull the pain that these emotions cause.

Type 2. Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones, But Cake Won't Heal What Hurts You.

If you react by getting hungry when others talk down to you, take advantage of you, belittle you or take you for granted, then you suffer from Type 2 emotional hunger. You eat to avoid confrontation.

Type 3. A Full Heart Fills An Empty Belly.

If you crave food when you have tension in your close relationships, you suffer from Type 3 emotional hunger. You eat to avoid feeling the pain of rejection or anger.

Type 4. Hate Yourself, Love Your Munchies.

If you tend to become hypercritical of yourself, if you label yourself "stupid, "lazy," or "a loser," you have Type 4 emotional hunger. You eat to "stuff down" your self-hatred.

Type 5. Secret Desires Have No Calories.

If your hunger gets activated because your intimate relationships don't satisfy some basic need like trust or security, you suffer from Type 5 emotional hunger and you use food to try to fill the gap.

Type 6. Forty Million Big Gulps And The Well Is Still Empty.

If you eat to make up for the deprivation you experienced as a child, you have Type 6 emotional eating.

Type 7. It's My Pastry, and I'll Eat If I Want To.

If you eat to assert your independence because you don't want anyone telling you what to do, you have Type 7 emotional hunger.

Type 8. I Can't Come To Work Today--I'm Eating

If your appetite kicks in when you're faced with new challenges--if you use food to avoid rising to the test, or to insulate yourself from the fear of failure--you have Type 8 emotional hunger.

Type 9. Aroused by Aromas, Not by the Chef.

If you stuff your face in order to avoid your sexuality-either to stay overweight so that nobody desires you or to hide from intimate encounters--you suffer from Type 9 emotional eating.

Type 10. I'll Beat You With this Éclair.

Emotional eaters stuff themselves to pay back those who have hurt them, often in the distant past. They use their bodies as battlegrounds for working out old resentments.

Type 11. Peter Pan and the Peanut Butter Cookie.

If you eat to make yourself feel carefree, like a child, you have Type 11 emotional hunger. You eat to keep yourself from facing the challenges of growing up.

Type 12. That Stranger In Lycra Wearing Your Face.

If you overeat because you fear getting thin, either consciously or unconsciously, you have Type 12 emotional hunger

I was hoping there would be a easy one cure for all sentence at the end of that Neen. A lot of me there too. Bless us. Nearly cried at the type 6 one!

"Type 6. Forty Million Big Gulps And The Well Is Still Empty."

Get that lady a councellor. hehe.

You are right as usual.I am going to try to be more open in my posts. I'm always going to be a bit of a lurker though. X

Last edited:
Back