• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Puree diet

New Beginnings

I'm about to start the next step from my protein shakes tomorrow, I'm feeling a little nervous over the last couple of days ive been feeling a little hungry. I've been on my shakes and soups for aprrox 14 days and I'm having odd urges to crunch and chew! Lol The hospital has given me a few ideas to start with for example weetabix, yoghurt, scrambled egg etc. Does anyone know of foods that they discovered that went down well at this stage? Thanks in advance. Annie x

Hi Annie,

I found the following foods great to eat:

Mashed potato and lots of gravy
Corned beef and mashed potato mixed
Cauliflower cheese
Tinned Refried beans
Mashed cheesy beans

Make sure your scrambled egg is soft and not overcooked.

Good luck with the next stage of your journey xxx

Thanks girls, the next stage is going well so far it's just finding different foods now. I tried cottage pie last night with loads of gravy. I just can't stand another protein shake. Getting all my liquids in is difficult but the nurse at charring cross said it will get easier. Just need to get my proteins in etc as I get a bit shaky a couple times a day and have to rest. The minds willing but the body can't keep up yet! Lol

That's great news! I found that the béchamel sauce and mince from a moussaka was also really good for me at this stage and so yummy after the shakes!

Xx

Back