• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Puree Food Shop

brooke_marie

Anyone got any advice for staple foods that should be on my food shop! Starting purees after 4 weeks of liquids!

These are the things I ventured into on this stage although for me it was mashed rather than puree, but it might give you some inspiration :)

Breakfast cereals such as porridge, ready brek, Weetabix
- Stewed fruit, low fat custards
- Low fat rice pudding
- Low fat mousse
- Thicker yoghurts
- Smoothies made with fruits and milks
- mashed banana
- Inch slice of very ripe melon
- Peel a banana, wrap in tin foil and freeze, you can then eat it like an ice lolly but when you chew it, it turns to mash. Gives you something harder to bite/chew on, but fits in with mashed stage food.
- NAS jelly with yoghurt or custard topping
- Fish pie
- Flaked white fish or tuna – mix it with quark
- Ratatouille (Tescos do a tin which is great with fish flaked into it)
- Scrambled eggs (some banders struggle with eggs so go steady!)
- Lean minced meats such as turkey, beef or quorn, make it into a cottage pie topped with mash or if you’re limiting carbs you can top it with mashed swede, carrots, parsnips
- Mashed cooked vegetables, mushy peas
- Cheesy mashed potato or inside of a jacket potato (no skin!) mixed with mashed baked beans
- Supermarkets do great pre-packed meals with fish pie or cottage pie which are great in terms of portion size and tend to be well sauced.
- Fish in butter or parsley sauce
- Plain poached salmon or cod
- Cauliflower cheese
- Make a vegetable stew and mash it down
- Soft or runny scrambled eggs
- Soft mashed pasta
- Mashed corned beef (mashes better from a tin than what you get in slices) but ok in mashed potato.

Back