• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

puzzled?

teresa/steve

:wave_cry: Just wondering if any body has had these problems, Steve has started to get really sweaty and shaky.It starts to come on in the morning about 40mins after taking his tablets which he has quite a lot.We have been trying to pin point what it could be maybe yoghurt or brews etc, its very similar to how he used to go being diabetic, but all them meds are stopped now.Do any of you think it could be the blood pressure meds?I am going to ring docs in morning l think to get it checked out, or do l ring the hospital where it was done??? Any help guys very grateful , thanks xx

Are the tabs covered in sugar or contain sugar,sounds like dumping.Maz x

maybe his blood pressure is coming down and so with the tabs he's taking it could be too low - he might not need them - or maybe low sugar. He needs to have a chat with his gp or team to find out what's causing it.

I'd speak to a medical person Teresa x

It could be any of those things, I know sometimes my blood sugar drops too low and I get shaky and sweaty. I dont take any meds now but the diabetes nurse told me to try and have somthing at about 9-10pm and it will stop my blood sugar dropping too low in the morning and it has worked for me. I agree with whats been said about the BP meds too, lots of people get bad effects from them as they dont need as many or none post-op. I havnt taken any since my op and I was on 5 different ones! Check with the gp though and I hope he feels better soon (HUG) XX

I will Julie, l will post an update tomorrow to let you all know what l find out just in case it may happen to someone else xx

Thanks Jacqui, l will try that tonight l think, just want him to get back to normal as he was great first 2 days but he didnt have his meds then so we will have to get it checked in morning, thanks for the hug it helps xxxx

Just to let you know steve was having what was something like the dumping but it didnt go all the way they told him today, it was down to the yoghurt he was on having to much sugar in. He has been told which ones to try now as they are needed for the protein intake its just how much do you have in one go and how many times a day? We know about the milk with marvel added but forgot to ask about the yogurt lol! You know l write down all the questions ready for when we get on the phone and always, always forget one, it seems never ending !!!! xx

If you try and stick to 5g per 100g of sugar (as near as you can) he shouldnt get dumping. I now go up to maybe 8-10g per 100g but I still stay as close to 5g as I can and Ive never dumped. He can have quite a few yogurts if he wants them and soups. Hope he is feeling a bit better. (HUG) XX

Thanks Jacqui he is a lot better today, no sweats so thats good, about the yogurts would you say like 3 a day normal pot size ?

Yeah that should be fine....I had muller light yogurts but check the sugar content....some are ok and some are quite high :D XX

Oh thanks again, just one last question l promise!! Do the muller ones do them with no bits in as that what is what they said to have ?

They do hun, they do quite a few and if you cant get any where you shop you can get the bitty ones and sieve them :D Dont worry about asking questions hun, thats what we are here for....weve all had our questions to ask along the way and most of us are still asking them :D XX

Thanks hun, whoever thinks this is an easy way out to sort weight problems must be mad , l salute you all for going down this road , it can be quite tough for you all so give yourself a great big pat on the back , you deserve it xxxxx

Aww Thanks hun, it really isnt an easy way out and I wish more people understood that, we will educate the world before we are finished though lol XX

lol, we certainly will dotty. though i think it does get a bit easier as time goes on, cos things become second nature to do, the hardest thing i still find is not eating/drinking together, cos i always had a drink with my meals, i still have to consciously 'think' about that, even now. and when you think about it, the 'prize' is worth the effort isnt it. i would still do it in a heartbeat.
well done teresa/steve, and keep asking questions, thats how we all learn, as well as helping others.
big hugs xxxx

Thanks Dawny, you are so very right l have to keep telling steve to take his time with everything lol, he keeps slurping instead of sipping but l think he is getting the message slowly.I just keep laughing when he says" look at the size of me 30stone navvy and you expect me to sip lve never sipped anything in my life" lol yeh thats how he got to this size. Anyway he is still the love of my life, cant wait to see the transformation unfold, xxx

Aww thats a lovely thing to say! He will be like a different man in just a few months time....men seem to loose it really quickly too :D XX

Back