• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

puzzled?

Haha... it's the hardest thing, I'm learning too... still forget and gulp... haha...

It's so easy, I'm trying to hold water in my mouth before I swallow it and it's helping...

Love to you both xxx

Thanks girls, Steve said today no matter how many meetings you go to and how much you read up on nothing really prepares you for it when it happens everything goes out the window and it hits you like a ton of bricks, lol xxx

Hes right hun, you feel prepared but it still is a massive shock! Im almost 5 months out and I still put portions out that are too much.....I dont try and eat it like I did sometimes at first but I just cant get my head round how little I now eat :D You will both get there and who knows......I might too one day ;) XX

dotty you will def get there huni. teresa, have you seem them cups that have a sipper thing on them, like the take away coffee cups you get from mcdonalds, i got one from tesco, cos not only do they keep your drink warmer, but you cant gulp your drink, i got mine from tesco for about £2. theyre really good. steve will get there eventually, its a big learning curve, but once you get your head round things, it does get easier, and he has got you to help him, he's a lucky chappy. big hugs to you both, xxx

Teresa/Steve - you need to get into the habit of reading all the labels on food you buy. Go for less than 5g of sugar per 100g and hmmmm I forget how much with fat! Someone help me out here?
But you can dump on fat as well as sugar so watch the fat content of stuff too. Don't be fooled by 'lite', 'no added sugar', 'diet' etc, READ the labels! Apparently 'safe stuff can be very deceptive. One of my first dumps was on 'no added sugar' Angel Delight!

I was told 5g of fat or sugar per 100g was what to stick to, I did that fotr about 3 months but lately Ive had a few things that have had more fat content and Ive been ok.....I still stay as low as possible with the sugar though Im too scared of a sugar dump :D XX

Jacqui in all honesty I think a fat dump can be worse! I thought it was 5g fat too but couldn't remember for sure! Thank you for reminding me. xxxx

Me too Jacqui,
It's impossible to find the foods with the fat and sugar we are told to stick too.
I'm still careful though x

ive found that with a sugar dump, it comes on more or less straight away, with a fat dump, it can take an hour or so, and although theyre very similar, i get gripes with a fat dump, and get very windy, and eventually have a bit of diarhea, i need to sleep with both, and usually feel better after that. also, if something is low in sugar, its usually high in fat, and vice versa, sugar and fat must be where most of the flavour is or summat.

when i went to see the dietician on monday, it was in the ladywell part of the hospital dotty, and they have a little cafe, so i thought id treat myself and bought a little packet of sugar free ginger shorties, but i only ate one and saved the rest, i had 2 earlier on tonight, and had a horrible fat dump, im ok now, but the rest of the biccies have gone in the bin. but isnt it ironic how i bought them in the dietitian part of the hospital, lol

Wow, its just shows you! Theres been loads of programmes the last few years about all these foods labelled healthy that are full of fat/sugar. WW meals are one of the worst apparently! Hope you feel better now (HUG) XX

yeah im ok now dotty huni thanks, it does just go to show though dosnt it, we have to be sooo careful, i wouldnt mind, but im not a sensitive dumper, i can eat all sorts, ive even had the odd bag of maltezers and been fine, so they must have been loaded with fat, mind you, i should have realised when i saw, 'ginger SHORTIES' shouldnt i, doh !!!!!!!!! lol big hugs xxxx

You are all right girls, its a nightmare shopping its taking me ages checking all the labels and how very misleading they can be as well, but we will get there in the end. There is me thinking its not going to be that hard,how wrong l was, lol xxx

Lol.....you will get used to it a bit after a while. I checked everything at first but now I know lots of things arent even worth looking at as I now know they are full of sugar or fat :D Theres so much you can eat though so thats good XX

yeah, once you get used to shopping, you obviously find stuff that you can have, so at least you know what to buy, its when you fancy something different, you then have to go through everything to find the lowest sugar/fat etc. its a pain in the bum. but its still worth it. big hugs xx

Hi guys, just been reading your comments about dumping and i don't know very much about it at all. The 5g of fat/sugar you talk about per 100g, is that just regarding yogurts or is that for any food? what about fresh veggies, meat and poultry are there any fats/sugars in them?? sorry for my ignorance x

The 5g per 100g is for all foods....sugar will cause the dumping most people talk about but fat can cause dumping too. These were the guidelines given to me by my dietician straight after surgery, I stuck religously to them for at least 3 months. Now Im a bit further out I have relaxed on the fat content a bit.....I now allow up to 10g per 100g but the highest Ive gone up to with sugar is 8 per 100g...Im so scared of a sugar dump lol. I think most foods have some sugar/fat in them its just a case of picking low fat low sugar content :D XX

im not really a sensitive dumper, and can get away with a bit more than the 5g rule, i even have to odd bag of maltezers, but its not very often, and usually at a weekend. sarah, most meat and veg are ok, just make sure you cut as much fat off meat as you can, be careful of dried fruits though, as they tend to have a fair bit of sugar in them. ive only actually dumped about 5-6 times, so im quite lucky, but then i do get a lot of hot/cold sweats anyway cos im on the change, so it feels like more, lol, luckily with the change it stops at the sweaty stage. hope your all ok, speak to u soon, have a good weekend. hugs xxx

Back