• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

quuuuuuuuuuick shaw somers on day break!!!

cherry

now haha x

Just watched it kel xxx

i think he did stick up for wls paitents and put clare nasar in her place when she was saying, yeh but im proud as i did it myself etc etc x

Like we don't do it ourselves?!? We still have to make the right choices and eat the right foods, exercise. It doesn't come off all on its own!
I get quite angry when people make these commments.. like we are somehow cheating!

i watched it at half six when he was on before i came to work, and he didnt get a chance to say a lot, but wanted to slap the weather girl who kept saying she did it the old traditional way, the best way , the proper way. here love you just put a bit weight on after having a baby. you havent had to carry 10 stone extra around for years trying your damn best to lose it. try working a full time job and being in the real world instead of doign a few hours a day and affording a personal trainner and someone to cook your meals - rant over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bev
and the thing is, will she keep it off, or will she become totally fixated on food, at least we learn how to eat properly, when u think, its only the same as going to ww, how many ppl have to keep going even when they get to their goal, otherwise they would pile it back on, so its exactly the same, its just that ours is built in to our bodies. stupid woman

Getting it off was never the hardest part for me, I lost the best part of 10 stone the "proper" way......the trouble for me was keeping it off! It stayed off for approx 1 year then started creeping back on. That is the same for most people. At the talk at Salford the other night the surgeon gave some pretty impressive stats about how after a certain weight its almost impossible for someone to loose the weight and keep it off. The view that after surgery we just sit back and watch the weight fall off without having to do anything to help it is sadly one held by a massive amount of people and thats why its so good when people like Shaw Sommers go on TV and tell the truth about WLS, thats if he gets a word in edgewise! :D XX

I thought she was a condedcending ***** and really wound me up, hope we see her in a year's time to see if she managed to keep it off. Shaw Somers got it across really well that it was easy for her as she didnt have any other problems.

He is so gorgeous and he is even better in real life and has a fab bedside manner. I would go through it all over again just to look into his eyes.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

How funny ladylite, I have to agree he really is cute. Although I don't think I'd want him to be my surgeon as I'd be all pathetic and girly around him and I need someone I can be totally honest with. However, he'd be more than welcome to check in on me post op!

I was furious watching both female presenters this morning talking about the 'traditional' way of losing weight and how anyone can do it if the REALLY want to. Like none of us really want it and haven't been trying for years. I went on WW with my Mam at 13 and only had a few pounds to lose but now I have 8 stone to lose. I've tried every diet known to man and never lost more than a few stone but always put it back on within months. Surely if it was that easy none of us would be overweight?

Judgemental women like that drive me mad. Ahhhh! :mad:

i agree dotty, calm down mary, lol. i think ppl need to find out the facts before they spout out about things. patronising moo bag she is

Patronising Moo bag LOL!
In yesterdays paper someone was turned down for surgery and lost 10 stoone by changing her eating habits. If I had her eating habits as with many others we would probably find it very easy to change them and lose weight. Unfortunately most of us do not have odd eating habits to change and the only way to be able to change is WLS Doubt we will ever get that across though

But will she still be ten stone lighter in 1/2 years?I have been on a diet on and off for 40 years for gods sake they dont work!They made me how I am now.Im a carb addict and my name is Marion!Carb highs leave you craving more carbs,like a drug addict needs more drugs.If surgery takes away my ability to eat carbs and helps me eat more protien and good stuff then bring it on.Hands up all who would start a diet on Monday and by thursday be rabid for carbs or sugar?Maz x

Maz, it wouldn't take me til Thursday! I'm usually raiding the cupboard by Monday evening. :eatdrink051:

Oh I missed it , iv never liked that Clair , who would be seen dead running around a park in a flouro bikini ? Publicity stunt I think !! For her weight loss DVD , people are so narrow minded , you would like to think people who work in the news industry would be more sympathetic as they hear so many stories xx

some of the ppl who work on tv have a holier than thou attitude though, and if we were on the money that theyre on, we could afford personal trainers, and their own dvds etc. but we will fare better, cos she will struggle to keep it off, lets see how much she spouts off then.

Aww I missed this and the thread Kell... what is this all about peeps... someone saying we are doing it the easy way... I really don't think for one minute anyone can say this is the 'easy way'... it's an alternative that's given me a chance of a better life for sure, without it, I was already re gaining what I'd lost last summer... wonder if it's on UTube?

Love you all and keep strong everyone, we have each other and that makes a difference to our lives... sending an understanding hug from Dollypouch and Me... xxx

lol oh bev, id forgotten about ;dollypouch', i think i was soo relieved about you being ok, i hope dollyp is behaving herself. hugs xxxx

Back