• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shaw Somers he say yes whoopyy

orchid

Hi, got a phone call out the blue yesterday teatime from ST Richards asking if i could come down first thing in the morning today, saw Shaw Somers he is really nice and easy to talk to ..anyway he said yes i can have band and should be done in the next three months, cant wait months of nothing then everything at once its wonderful, hope everyone else waiting to see him gets to soon as well x orchid xx:p:p:p

fantasic news hun .. its so exciting when you get that yes from the surgeon .. good for you hun .. and keep us updated on your journey xx

thats brilliant news congratulations xxx

Well done Orchid. I bet you're thrilled. I rang St Richards yesterday as I STILL have no offical appointment letter despite it being on 29 April. Was told the letter would be sent in the next few days (which is exactly what I was told 2 weeks ago when I rang!) Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled for you Orchid, but I am starting to feel like I'm in a game of cat and mouse and I will never catch the cat! 6 weeks ago I have a telephone call from the hospital but no confirming letter yet, whilst others seem to be getting their appointments through a lot quicker. Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? Sigh........... Julie x

spikeyjaycee i dont know if this helped me or not but i emaild pals at st richards to forward on an email to them and my doctor and pct also chased them up with letters, could you do the same to see if it helps you get any further?

todays clinic with shaw sommers was a last minute thing as he had a morning free, they obviously just went down the waiting list to the next patients without appointments, not long to wait now also five surgeons doing ops at st richards now.julie.x

wow i bet your still allowing it to sink in, for the apointment at last minute to materialise and then to be told yes must be an amazing feeling

3 months will fly by

fantastic news hun x

great news orchid - Julie wont be long I know its frustrating and I think the bypassers seem to have a longer wait stick with it I know its easy for me but you know I was in that boat a while ago

Liz
2 days to go til being a loser

Hi everyone - thanks for your comments. It is frustrating to apparently see people 'jump the queue' as it were. However, as hubby points out, I do have an appointment and I should concentrate on that (although I will feel better when I get the appointment letter!!!). If I don't get it by next Wednesday ( a week beforehand) I will be going to the hospital in person to put a rocket up somebody's rear end!!!!
Hope all goes well tomorrow Liz. let us know how you get on.
All the best
Julie x

Julie,

If it's any consolation I'm meant to be havign my bypass on friday (if I've lost a stone) in Sunderland and I haven't has an appointment letter yet, despite being assured it has been sent out at least 3 times!!! i'm still going in, but like you it would be nice to see it in black and white, that makes it real somehow! Good luck with your op.
Debra
XX

ooh, by the way does Shaw Sommers do key hole surgery? everytime i see him on tv its open surgery for bypass...jsut curious lol

ooh, by the way does Shaw Sommers do key hole surgery? everytime i see him on tv its open surgery for bypass...jsut curious lol
Hi yes shaw somers does do keyhole, i had it 2 weeks ago by him. He said that the tv prefer to show the worst cases so it's always open surgery because they have such high BMI'S xx

Cor 3 months is nothing, welldone chucks, it will soon be here.

Thanks Vics, I thought that might be the reason but just wanted confirmation..lol

Back